S I G N

CHAPTER 61

The month Tashiel has estimated has been lessened because Lavion helped her do his job. After learning their basic language and writing, Lavion was a great help to Tashiel on finishing his work.

During the time she spent in the palace, there was a change in herself. She had become friendly and she valued it. Not to the extent that she was too close but for the first time, she had declared friends which are the wives of her husband’s brothers.

“It was fun in the palace. I hope we could communicate at least” Lavion sighed as they are walking their way out the airport.

“Don’t worry, we are not forbidden to communicate with them. I had already asked that to grandfather.”

“really?” her eyes sparkled.
“yes” he beamed and pinched her cheek.
“I want to bite you, you know” she cuddled into his left arm. “…but we’re in public and everyone is staring.”

“I also told you to stay low key but then you brought 20 body guards? You ungraceful man…” she added.

Tashiel chuckles, “Well, I was informed by your brother that I should protect you. I can’t just let that be if I want to win his good side.”

“You already got my brother’s good side. He even suggested me what to do back then. And KBum, he will not be in the good side of anyone. That’s how ruthless he is but he cannot do anything with my decision. He is pretty soft for me.”

Pumasok na sila sa limousine na naghihintay sakanila at lumisan na para pumunta ng mansion ni Tashiel. Along their way, she heard her ringtone. She took her phone from her handbag to see whose calling and it was Pri.

“Uhm, do you have a minute?”

“Yes, I just got here in the Philippines. Is there any problem?”

“Uhm, is it okay if I spill on the phone? I really need an answer right now.”

“It’s okay”

“Even though it’s about your family’s past?”
Natigilan siya rito.

“I am so curious about it, Lavion. It’s been bothering me because of how your brother reacts to situation connected to Mr. Agramus.”

Tumalim kaagad ang kaniyang mga mata sa narinig. Is there something going on with her brother now? Paano nalaman ni Pri ang tungkol kay Mr. Agramus?

“So, what is the situation?” pagtatanong nalang niya dahil sa gusto na rin niyang malaman.

“We attended an auction a week after our marriage and we had this kid. We decided to adopt him. In the auction, we had come across this man, I really think that was Mr. Agramus because my husband was indifferent when their eyes locked. I felt something there so I investigated about Mr. Agramus and found out some connections with your family not to mention that the kid is his biological son.”

She knows what is coming.
“I wanted to know. I wanted to know what had Mr. Agramus did in your family and who are these people whose involved.”

Napabuntong hininga siya. Is this a sign that someone can finally go against Mr. Agramus? Knowing that Pri’s family is actually powerful as they are, there is a big possibility that she can be in use to increase Agramus’ fall. She needs to think more about this.

“I will tell you everything after I get home, may I? I will call you back.”

“Yes, thank you, Lavion.”
“No worries”

She ended the call and looked at her husband.
“Are you okay?” pagtatanong nito pagkatapos hawakan ang kaniyang kamay. “Who was that?”

“It was Pri, my brother’s wife.” She looked at their inter-wined hands and squeezed it.

“She was asking about my family’s past that my brother can’t tell her. I am thinking if I should share that awful past.”

Tiningnan niya sa mga mata si Tashiel.
“Just thinking about sharing it, my heart will explode from various emotions. I haven’t told you about this too. I’m sorry.” She looked down.

He sighed and pulled her closer to him as he embraced her.

“It’s okay. I won’t force you to spill it. What’s important now is that you are in my arms and we’ll never break apart.”

She smiled and rested herself to him, feeling the warmth of his body.

“Tashiel”
“Hmm?”

“I love you”
He chuckles and then kissed her hair.

“I love you”

Yes, as long as Tashiel is by her side, she can forget about the past that will always be kept in the present. The history of her family will always be like that and no one can erase it. It is there and nothing will change until they change the current.

That night, when they arrived at Tashiel's mansion, she went into the rooftop and called Pri.

“Are you ready to know the truth?”

“Yes”

“I am telling you in advance that you are making yourself a tool for vengeance, Pri. Moreover, your life is on the line and I don’t think it will be a good idea to know about it without telling my brother.”

“I am sorry that I will be acting on my own and mingle myself with your family affairs but I want to know the reason why for me to have a reason too, Lavion. My husband has been suffering- no- you and KBum- had been suffering from what happened in this ‘past’ of the Zendguges. At ngayong pati si Zandry ay madadamay, hindi ko kayang manood nalang. I want to be an instrument of your family. My husband had taken care of many things for me and I want to at least be a help to him…”

Lavion sighed as she can hear how determined she is. This is it, she is finally going to tell this to someone.

“Agramus abducted me and my mother when I was 9. He was not the only one that is involved with our abduction. There were other families who sided with the Agramus. These are the Feirris, Argivyck, Napolion, Pullman, and Sizris. They are all part of Agramus’ organization. Since they cannot reach the Zendguge, they have planned ill not to the family's company but to the family members and they have gotten me and my mom.

But I have escaped half way through and they had mom. She was… ganged.”

Hindi natuloy ang kaniyang sasabihin dahil sa naisip na naman niya ang pangyayaring iyon. Nong nagsisi siya na tumalon at iniwan ang kaniyang ina.

“It’s alright. You don’t have to go any further. Are you alright?”

She wiped her tears and smiled. “I’m okay. I will just send you some details.”

“Okay. I’m sorry to drag you with my curiosity.”

“Can you tell me what would you do?”

“Since we are talking about that, tatanungin na rin kita para humingi ng perwesyo. Would you allow me to kill the mafia kings of those families not for the sake of Zendguge- but because of my own will?”

Natigilan siya ron at hindi nakapasalita.

Silence engulfed their communication until she found herself looking up to the starry night sky and she saw a glimpse of a shooting star.

Is this a sign?

A sign that what Zendguge wished for, is happening?

Calm and collected, she spoke.
“Yes”

***
ZS2 Ch. 61
phobii_zz