P R O F E S S I O N A L I S M

CHAPTER 28

MATAGAL na nakatitig si Lavion kay Yosh na nasa kaniyang harapan ngayon. She was resting her upper body to the table in between them and she was watching him holding a book and reading and taking notes.

She was thinking about her feelings whether she still likes Yosh. And the way he blushes and be distracted of what she is doing, she can’t help but adore it. He is still cute in her eyes. And she still likes the sight of him.

They are in the library now and they both had no class till 2:00 PM. That is why after lunch, Lavion went to school and saw Yosh walking out the cafeteria with his classmates again. They said they are going to the library so she tagged along with them. And yes, they are all in the same table and she is across Yosh, staring at him with his classmates around. She doesn’t care what they think as long as she is enjoying the view of Yosh in front of him.

Napatigil siya sa kakatitig rito nang may tumikhim at ang kaniyang mga mata ay napatingin sa babaeng katabi nito.

Hindi nakatingin ang babaeng iyon sakaniya at nag-aktong hindi niya intensyong tumikhim kahit halatang halata naman na may ipinapahiwatig iyon. Well, it is because of her eyes. It is clearly moving randomly and she wasn’t reading at all. And the way she breathes, it was like she was caught off guard.

Napangisi siya. This girl is too obvious.

“Hindi po ba kayo magbabasa. Ms. Gauge?”

Napalingon na naman siya sa isa pag babaeng katabi ni Yosh sa kanan. There was a frown on her face so it means she was annoyed.

“Marami pong magagandang psychology books don sa kabilang shelf. May mga pocket books rin dito tungkol sa psychology at baka magustuhan niyo po”

Ngumiti siya. This girl is determined to drive her away.

“No, I’m good. I’m kinda picky in books. I order them abroad.”

Nakita niya ang paglalim ng kunot sa noo nito at tiniklop ang libro nito.

“Where did you actually graduated, Ms. Guage? And why did you come to the Philippines when the education abroad is better than in this country?”

She reacted ‘Oh?’ before smirking. She can see that this woman is straight forward.

“Don’t be rude, Shana” suway naman nong nasa tabi niya.

“No, it’s okay” she cut and sat properly.

“I’m kinda used on being questioned something straightforward and rude. Most of my patients before were…” she shrugged, “well… they’re kinda like her.”

Nginitian niya si Shana ngunit ang kaniyang mga mata ay hindi- lalo na nong makita niya ang pagkainsulto nito pero hindi nito pinahalata.

“I transferred here in the Philippines under my brother’s will. He wanted me to finish my masters here. I got no choice since he is the master at home.”

Shana crossed her arms, “You are dating Kuya KBum right? It was all over the campus lately.”

“Yes” ngumisi siya at tiningnan ang reaksyon ni Yosh na nagulat. Alam niyang gusto nitong magsalita at sabihin na magkapatid lang sila.

“Kuya KBum is cold to everyone and he kinda keep friendship special and he only recognizes his group as his friends. It is rare for him to be dating you. But what is your relationship with Yosh? And why do you seem closer to him?”

Hindi muna siya nagsalita at pinakinggan nalang ito.

“Don’t get me wrong po, I am addressing this as a concern friend of Yosh. I just don’t want him to be in trouble with the relationship of you and Kuya KBum. Who knows what Kuya KBum could do with Yosh once he caught you being close to Yosh.”