F A R E W E L L

CHAPTER 50

“You have messed it up,” Prince spoke nonchalantly to Yosh who’s depressed in the corner. He was hugging his knees, looking down and not moving.

“I’m sorry…” Yosh spoke, his voice is cracked. “I’m sorry…” he sniffed.

Tiningnan lang siya ni Prince at nilingunan naman si Tashiel na nasa kabilang tabi, nakaupo habang nakasabunot sa sarili.

“You know what? I think this is the best time that you two reconcile to each other.”

Walang nagsalita sa dalawa at wala ng nagsalita pa muli sa loob ng ilang minuto. Hanggang sa nagsalita muli si Yosh.

“Have you… Have you ever come to the light?”

“Yes, once,” Prince answered direct. “And I am already satisfied.”

“Did you meet her? Did you talk to her?”

“Yes, I like her because she is worried about us. That was the first time someone is worried about us. I wanted to kiss her because her lips is tempting.”

“Then why… why didn’t you stay? Why didn’t you come in the light more often?”

“Because I am not capable of protecting her. I am coward. I give up when I face a complicated situation. Lavi is not the type of woman who’s going to give up even as complicated as now. She is just tired. All these years that she is dealing with the two of you, it must be tiring.” He sighed.

“Imagine this, Lavi is dealing with one person with three personalities. When one of us come out, she needs to adjust, she needs to change her behaviour. Lavi cannot treat you like she treat Arhad, Yosh. It is sure that she is having fun with the two of you but can’t you feel how tiring it is, to deal with your love who’s not normal?

I am not saying that you should disappear, Yosh. And Lavi is not getting rid of you. She just wants to unite us into one because we’re like broken body parts that needs to connect.”

Hindi nakapagsalita si Yosh at nilingunan si Tashiel na nakatalikod sakanila habang nakasabunot parin sa kaniyang buhok.

“Hindi ko kayang iwan siya…”

“That is why Arhad gave you all the time, Yosh.”

Nagulat siya sa sinabi ni Prince.

“Because you cannot stand seeing her half a week, Arhad who’s also feeling the same, gave you all those time he should spend with her for you to be happy.”

Napalingon si Yosh kay Tashiel.

“Think about how Arhad being patient all this time, Yosh. How many months did he endure? How many months he supressed himself from going out because he is afraid that you’ll be mad? He had been patient all this time, Yosh.”

Hindi nakapagsalita si Yosh at yumuko nalang. Hindi na niya alam kung anong iisipin niya. Hindi na niya alam kung anong gagawin niya ngayong ayaw na siyang makita pa ni Lavion. Paano niya ito kakausapin at humingi ng tawad rito?

Tiningnan niya muli si Tashiel. He doesn’t know why he really doesn’t trust him. Is it because he changed since when he came to Egypt? Is it because he hates his past, which is him, because the past is not worth remembering?

Humigpit ang kaniyang pagkakayakap sa kaniyang tuhod.

“You come out,” he insisted to Tashiel.

“I can’t”

Nagulat siya sa sagot nito.

“No one can come out this time and I had the feeling that we won’t be able to see her again once we woke up.”

“What?”

“It seems like we are injected by something, like a sleeping pill” Prince spoke.

“It’s over,” Tashiel

Yosh trembled and tried to look for the light but he can’t. He stood up and looked for the light but there is no light!

“It’s over, Yosh. She will be sending us away”

Lumapit sakaniya si Yosh at kinuwelyuhan.

“Bakit mo alam? Have you planned this with her?”

Pinanlakihan niya ito ng mga mata ngunit natigilan nang makita ang malulungkot na mga mata ni Tashiel  na kahit kailan ay hindi niya nakita rito.

Nabitawan niya ito. All this time, he thought that Tashiel is numb who does not know what love is but why would he look…

“Haven’t she told you to go home? She is a woman who will never get back on her word, Yosh!”

Nagulat siya sa pagtaas ng boses ni Tashiel sakaniya at mas lalong nagulat nong makita ang mga luhang pumapatak sa mga mata nito.

“You were with her all this time, Yosh and you haven’t figured out that she loves you? That is actually why she showed you who really she is! She showed you how she could be merciless! How could she kill people! She fulfilled your dreams because she loves you! She does not want to get rid of you and you dare defy her saying she doesn't love you?!

She has always been sincere of her words, Yosh!
Yes, she could be controlling and psychopath but she never disregard your feelings Yosh. She is always thinking about how she could make you feel better! And this is it! She is sending us away without even a proper goodbye! Without even a glimpse of her face! Without even the sound of her voice!” Hinigit niya ang kwelyo nito.

“Now, tell me how can you live without her?! How can I live without her?!”

Yosh shook his head, unable to process what is going on. This can’t be happening. This is not because of him right?! Lavion will not send them away right?!

LAVION stared at the sleeping prince on her bed, touching his cheek, caressing it with her thumb. He looks so fragile and innocent, but he never failed to hurt her every time they are talking about love. A love that is healthy but complicated. Their love has always been good, has always felt good not until she had finally chose her pride.

She has always been hurt by him because of the situation, from the beginning until this last time she will put him into her shelter. Yes, she is letting him go. A pure blooded Zendguge will be letting go of its only love.

Not because she does not love him anymore, but because she is tired and she wanted to have a break. If this is the best solution to make everything at place, she is willing to wait for how many years until he comes back to her, one piece and one personality.

She stood up to kiss his lips, passionate and slow. Her tears were falling down from her closed eyes, her heart is so heavy. She doesn’t want to be apart from him but she will gamble again. She will be gambling with the most painful move that will surely change her whole life.

“Farewell, my good boy.”

***
ZS2 Ch. 50
phobiii_zz