12

After such a fun Saturday, Norman had a very boring Sunday. The group chat was silent for that day, he hadn't even received any messages from Emma directly. He didn't overthink this, however, he knew people had things to do.

But now, it was Monday morning, and he was at school. He was in his first class, and sitting at the table was everyone, well, almost everyone.

"The final bell is going to ring in like, thirty seconds, where's Emma?" Gilda asked, looking down at her watch. Nobody knew, though.

"I'm not sure." Ray said as he shrugged, "She has been ignoring me ever since she unadded me from the group chat."

"She's so extra.." Don said before laughing.

Norman was silent though, and he stared down at the desk put before him. Has nobody heard from her?

The bell rang, but right as it let loose its first chime, Emma bolted in through the door, and rushed towards the group.

"I'm not late!" She said, sitting down in her seat before the last chime finished, "I'm on time!"

"Technically, being on time is being late, so you were late." Ray said.

"Shush! I'm not late!" She said, it was evident by the heaviness of her breath that she was exhausted, as if she had to run to school or something.

"Hey wait a second. Isn't that Norman's jacket?" Don suddenly added, taking note of the feature.

"Umm..yeah, it is. I forgot to give it back to him on Saturday.." She said.

This prompted Ray to look up at Norman, with confusion very evident by his expression. He looked up at him as if questioning why Emma had his jacket in the first place.

"We were hanging out, I gave it to her when it got cold, nothing weird!" Norman said in a hushed tone to Ray.

Ray rolled his eyes, "Yeah, sure Norman, whatever you say." He said very, very sarcastically. It was very obvious that he didn't believe him.

"I don't know what you are thinking, but its not whatever it is!" Norman told him, and Ray laughed in return.

"I know, I'm just teasing." Ray snickered, "You wish though."

"I don't know what that means, but no."

"What are you two idiots bickering about now?" Don asked, looking at both Norman and Ray.

"Nothing. He knows." Ray said, giving Norman a side look.

"Ray shut up." Emma chimed in, before turning to Norman, "I'll give you the jacket back later. I didn't bring another one for myself, and its kind of cold."

"No problem. On the walk home you can give it back." He said, smiling at her.

Ray snickered more, who even knows why at this point?

Class officially started after that. For the most part, everyone was quiet.

For the most part, again.

"So..you guys hung out over the weekend?" Ray asked Norman in a whisper.

"Uh, yeah?" He answered back, wondering what he was trying to get at.

"And..you two were alone?" He questioned once again.

"...Yes? We were." He answered yet again, trying to figure out what exactly he was getting at. It was obvious what it would be about, but what exactly?

Ray made a fist with his hand, and held it up to his mouth, and turned away, as if he was 'making out' with it.

"Oh my god, noo!" Norman said in his hushed tone, "Nothing like that!"