36

While waiting for their drinks, Emma insisted that they take seats in the corner of the room. Apparently thats her usual spot, especially when she comes here with Gilda.

So in the corner, they sat, and they waited for their drinks, all the while being quiet, but like always, it was a comfortable quietness. Norman often thought about how different this was before. A couple months ago, this would have been pretty awkward, especially when he was new to the entire group. He was always nervous around Emma, and even the others, he didn't have as intricate a relationship with them as he does now. Had he known back then that he'd actually be able to date her, he probably would have not believed it. Its amazing what time can do, really.

Norman sat on one side of the small table, while Emma sat on the opposing side. She quietly hummed something to herself, something that the boy couldn't quite make out since it was so low, and he's probably never heard it before. He studied her appearance, she looked to be really content in that moment, her orange locks fell with ease, and her green emerald eyes shone with the light radiating inside from the window. The corners of her mouth were slightly lifted, and it was evident without a doubt that she was happy where she was.

But little did Norman know, was that Emma also studies his features the same way. To her, his platinum white hair was perfect, and she could probably stare into his ocean blue eyes forever. She knew how little confidence he had growing up due to his situation, but she's determined to show him that he's more than he thinks. And so far, its kind of working.

"Hey Emma," Norman broke the silence, now looking down at his fidgeting hands, "You seem to know a lot about here, and you know people here, how long have you lived here.. you know, after you left.. there?" He said, knowing that she'd understand what 'there' was.

The question caught her off guard, and her smile faded, "Well, I went through another home, and it was.. not cool at all," She thought for another moment, and her smile returned once more, "Then I was taken in by mama! I stayed with her and Ray for a while."

Norman raised an eyebrow, confused, "Wait, you lived with Ray and Mama?"

She nodded, "Yeah! Thats why I call her mama!"

"But..." He started, drifting off, then eventually picking back up, "We all call her Mama too.. I never thought anything of that."

Emma giggled, putting her hand over Norman's, causing him to stop fidgeting, "The others don't know thats why I call her Mama, so they all picked up on it too. And now you have too! She just lets everyone call her Mama now."

Norman never thought anything of her calling Ray's mom Mama, it just seemed like something everybody did. Even he did! They rarely spoke about anything that happened before a few months ago, thats probably why he had no idea about any of this.

He turned his hand over, and held her's, "Wow, I didn't know that.. and then after that, is when you went where you are now?"

"Yep!" She exclaimed, "Mama wasn't able to renew her foster license. But I went with her friend, and I'm still there, as you saw at my house."

Norman nodded, taking in everything she said. It explained a lot, but he still questioned where she went after she left when they were younger. She didn't give much detail, she only said it was "not cool." Maybe it was a bad experience.. he made a mental note to ask about it later, as he didn't want to ruin her mood now.

"Well, I'm really glad you are okay now, I remember worrying when I was told you moved." He admitted, squeezing her hand a little, darting his blue eyes away from hers.

Noticing this, she put her other hand on his, cupping his one hand with both of hers, "Its okay. I'm okay!" She said, giving him a comforting smile. He looked up at her, and he smiled too.