Chapter 3

"So,uhm...since we'll be seeing each other more often,I guess it's safe to say I'll catch you later yeah?"I say as we walk out the class.

"See you around Cali."He smiles before disappearing.

When I look up,I see Carlos waiting for me near the vending machine looking at me.

I immediately run towards him and squeeze the life out of him.

"Hey mama."He says trying his best to breathe.

"Sorry."I chuckle and let go realizing my excitement could kill him if I don't stop hugging him so tight.

He smiles and places his hand on my cheek and asks, "You ready?"

"I'm kind of nervous but,yeah I'm ready."I cheer.

We spoke about living together as soon as we realized we were going to the same varsity so we agreed it would be a great idea.So we'll be staying together.Well,Danniel,Lissa and us.

We decided to go apartment hunting together today.

My mother knows his mother quite well which surprised me because I didn't know she even had friends at all since she's always so busy.

So she doesn't mind me living with him and Danniel at all.She likes him a lot.

I like the College version of him.I hated the high school version.

He then places his hand in mine and leads me out of the building.

"I got you something."He says just as we exit through the main doors.

"What is it Carlos?"I ask excited.

He then leads me to stand in front of a beautiful matte black Merc sports car.

"I'm confused.You got a new car!"I ask.

He pulls car keys out of his back pocket and hands them to me before saying, "It's all yours."

Wait what?

"What?..."

He chuckles and repeats what he said telling me he got it for me.

"Carlos no...why would you?..."

I can't believe he got me a car...

Why would he do that?

"You didn't have to."I chuckle trying my best not to cry.

"I figured I'd give it to you as an early birthday gift."He says smiling while studying my reaction.

"I love it!"I eventually give in thanking him and kiss him all over his face.

Except for his lips.

I can afford to buy my own car.I just didn't feel the need to purchase one yet since I was planning on living on campus at first.

The fact that he was sweet enough to buy me one makes me feel super special.Although I really wish he hadn't gone through the trouble to do so.

I know how stubborn he can be though so I eventually accept the car knowing he won't take no for an answer.

The interior is beautiful.It's white and blue.

"Well,let's go for a spin."I cheer.

He chuckles and hops in after opening the door for me.

"Where to?"I ask before placing my hands on the steering wheel.

He then selected a location on the GPS and said, "Step on it."

I do as I'm told and soon we're on the highway heading to our new apartment.Well...if we decide we like it.

Danny and Lissa told us we could pick.