Chapter 35

Calithea's POV

When I get to class,Nathen is already seated.

He's still got a few bruises from yesterday but they are way better than they were last night.

"Hey..."

"Hey."

I take my seat and try my best not to say anything but fail.

"I'm sorry about everything that happened."

"Don't worry about it.It was my fault.I still let my love for you make me lose my ability to think straight."

"What?..."

"Cali,don't act surprised.You know this."He simply says before pulling his books out of his bag.

The lesson goes by quite slowly.The lecturer had a lot to say today.Felt like I was in the class for years.

Nathen and I don't speak to each other until the lesson ends.

"Wait up."He stops me.

"Yeah?"

"You wanna work on the assignment together?"

"I don't think that's a wise idea.What if we accidentally write down the same bit of information?"

"I just want to spend time with you."

"Nathen,how on earth can you even say that after yesterday?"

"It's not your fault.It's Carlos who deserves to be locked behind bars for assaulting me actually.I deserved a few punches but Carlos putting a gun to my head...that's illegal."

"I'm gonna go now."

"I'm sorry.I just..."

"No. I'm leaving."I dismiss before he grabs my wrist a little less gentle than he thought he did.

"You're hurting me."

He looks me in the eyes and I'm taken aback by the evilness I can see through them.

Maybe I'm seeing things but something feels off about him.

"Have you guys slept together?Is that why you won't leave him?Is that why you don't want to be with me?"

This doesn't sound like the Nathen I know.He'd never say anything like that to me.

"Let go.You're literally hurting me."

He lets go and immediately walks away without saying another word.

What just happened?

I immediately head out to the Cafè to meet with Danniel.He said he'd take me home.

Lissa said she'd find a way to get back home.

"Everything alright?"He asks worried.

"It's nothing."I dismiss adjusting my sleeves so he won't see the marks on my wrist.

He'd lose it.

"You sure?You know you can talk to me.I'll do anything to help."

That's exactly what I'm afraid of.

"Yeah I'm sure."

I can tell he doesn't believe me but I know he won't ask again.

"Okay.Carlos told me you guys are a thing now.Whatever you guys do just please remember there's other people in the house too alright so keep it down."He teases making me laugh.

"Yeah well I guess it was time."

"You rejected him?"He laughs.

"What's so surprising about that?You know me."I fold my arms.

"Should've seen his face when he told me.He couldn't believe it."He laughs.

"I'm not Vanessa."

"Best believe he knows that."

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing.Just saying.You ready to go?"

I nod and we leave.

When we arrive home there's a lady in the kitchen cooking dinner.

She's got beautiful brown hair and her beauty is mesmerizing.

"Hola tía."Danny greets.

"Hola Danny!Look how much you've grown!"

"You saw me a few days ago."He laughs making her join.

"And you must be Calithea!"She cheers before giving me a hug.She smells so good.

She's got a strong accent.Similar to Carlos' accent so I'm assuming this is his mother.

"It's so nice to finally meet you."

"You're so beautiful!Danny...make a move."She teases.

Him and I laugh so loud Carlos ends up joining us in the kitchen.

"What's so funny?"His mother asks.

"Your mom thinks Thea and I..."Danny explains trying to catch his breath but Carlos doesn't join the laughter.

"I'm gonna head out to buy some ice cream for dessert.We're out."He announces swinging his keys in a circle.

I can tell he's pissed.

"I'll come with you."I say following behind him but he doesn't say anything nor turn back.

What's his problem?