Chapter 14

"Hey...chin up what's wrong?"Danny asks concern clear in his tone.

"He's gonna have to leave.Watch."

A few moments later Carlos returns.

"I'm so sorry guys.My mom is at the office.I have to get going."He says looking at me focused on my reaction.

All I do is remain calm and nod.

I'm not surprised.

"I'll make it up to you I promise."He says before kissing my cheek.

"You want one too man?"He asks Danny making him laugh lightly.

Danniel's eyes are on me studying my emotions.

"See you at home in a bit."Carlos finally says before walking away.

"Thea..."

"I'm fine.Let's find me a dress!"I cheer before pulling Danny to follow behind me.

He doesn't say anything until he spots a dress on a mannequin inside a store I've never seen before.

"How about that one?"

"The black one on the mannequin?"

"Yeah?"

"Ouuu simple and sexy.Love it!"

We then head into the store so I can try it on.

I tried on a few other dresses first and saved the best for last.

I tried it on and yelled, "Love it!"

"Lemme see."Danny asks from the other side of the changing room.

I walk out and he immediately says, "you're welcome."

"Thank you."I laugh.

"You look sexy man.Too sexy actually.On second thought,no take it off and buy the one you first tried on.This one barely covers your chest."

I can't help but laugh.

"You want me to go to prison for murder?You know very well the thirsty drunk guys won't be able to keep their eyes off of you.If anyone tries anything,Carlos is going to kill someone and I'm going to help him get rid of the body deadass."

"You worry too much.I'm taking it."I firmly say before heading back into the changing room.

When we're done,we head to a restaurant for a bite.Mostly to talk.

As soon as we're both seated and have ordered our food and drinks,Danny immediately holds my hands in his and says, "Talk to me."

"About what?"

"Thea..."

"Fine.He's always so busy I don't even know if we're ever going to be official.Am I just one of his floozies?You know,I asked to spend the day with him.Instead he gave me 2 hours.I swear I'm going to give up soon."

"One thing I know for sure is that he really does care about you trust me I know.Yeah he's always busy but that's only because he wants to get all the hectic sh*t out the way now so that there's no time problems between you guys in the future you get me?He cares about you so much.He wants to ask you out but he's not sure you'll say yes.Well,that's what he told me."

I try to let go of his hands but he raises his brow and tightens his grip a bit making me stop.

"Fine.I'm probably reading too much into it anyways."I shrug my shoulders.

Our drinks finally arrive.Danny always orders water when we eat out.I ordered my favorite cocktail.

A few sips later I suggest we surprise Carlos with lunch.

We also got a few decorations and a cute box to put the food in surrounded by candy.

I included a note asking him out on an official dinner date.

"He'll love this."

I hope so.

We then drive to Carlos' company.