Chapter 6

I'm proud of him for working so hard and all his achievements this past month.I just wish we could spend as much time together as we use to right before varsity life began.

I then walk out the penthouse and head down to the lobby.

"Cali?"A voice calls.

When I turn around I nearly faint.

You've got to be kidding me.

"Nathen?"

"Hey."He cheers and I smile politely.

"What are you doing here?"I ask confused.

"I live here.Top floor.Wait,do you live here too?"He asks smiling.

He's got a beautiful smile and his eyes sparkle everytime he speaks.Some things never change.

He lives here too?Great.

"Yeah I do.Moved in today."I politely respond.

"That's so exciting!You moved here with your boyfriend I'm assuming?"He asks still smiling.

He's not my boyfriend...

"Yeah I did.Danniel and Jalissa as well."I smile.

"That's awesome!I'd love to catch up with you all sometime whenever you're free.Maybe I could even meet the lucky guy."He smiles.

I can tell he's being genuine.

I've always known him to be sweet.

I nod and we exchange goodbyes as the elevator opens revealing Carlos.

He then gives me a warm hug and we head out to the car.

He starts the engine and hands me the aux.

Whenever we ride in his car,he always hands me the aux.

"Who were you talking to?I saw you were with him after class as well..."He questions as he pulls out the parking lot.

He noticed?

I can tell he's trying his best not to sound jealous but it's not working.

"Oh that was Nathen.Remember...from high school?He moved to Canada in 9th grade?"

Silence.

After a while he says, "Your ex?"

"Yeah."I reply nervously.

"Why was he with you?Was he visiting a friend?"

I couldn't help but notice his change of tone.

"Actually,he told me he lives there as well."I say focusing on the car in front of us.

He doesn't say anything afterwards although I notice him tighten his grip on the steering wheel and drive a bit faster.

I want to question him but I'm afraid he'll drive even faster.

All I can do is hope he calms down soon.

Soon we reach the ice cream store's drive through.

"What would you like to have?"He asks trying to stay calm.

Instead of answering him I say, "I didn't give him my number or anything okay?"trying to calm him down.

I don't want him jumping into conclusions.

All he does is nod and order 2 large vanilla cones covered with caramel.

We both love that combo so it's always our go-to when we can't decide on what to get.

Nothing was said on the way home.

I don't know why he's being like this.I literally told him I didn't give Nathen my number or anything so I don't understand his anger.

When we arrive back at the penthouse he walks right past me and goes up to his room without saying a word.

No wonder him and Danny are as close as they are.They are literally the same person.

How can he be angry over something so little anyways?

I then decide to be the bigger person and knock on his door.