Chapter 12

He then simply says, "Cool"

I grab a bowl of mixed fruit and yoghurt and disappear into the hallway and head to Jalissa's room.

When I enter her room,she's completely passed out.She must've had a large amount of alcohol last night.

Shocker.

I kiss her forehead before leaving her room.I then head upstairs to my room.

I decide to enjoy my fruit salad while watching an episode of Jane the Virgin.

As soon as I'm done,I head into the shower connecting my phone to my speaker.

The song playing now is SWV by Summer Walker and No1-Noah.

I can't help but sing along word for word.

As I'm singing,thoughts about Carlos overworking himself by choice flood my mind.What if he cancels our plans for the day?He'll probably be too busy working and time will fly by making him forget about me.

The last song I sing along to during my shower session is Favorite mistake by Giveon.

When I step out,I dry my hair with a towel and let it hang lose.

I open the door,and I see Carlos laying on my bed while texting someone on his phone.

He's still dressed in his suit.

Judging by how focused he is,and how he hasn't acknowledged my presence,I'm assuming it's business related.

He needs to leave.I wanna get dressed.

"Uhm Carlos..."

He doesn't answer me.

"Please leave.I need to get dressed."

"Get dressed then.I'm too busy to look anyways."

He surprisingly answers me.

"No.Please leave."

"I'm not leaving."He firmly responds not shifting his focus from his phone once.

Why is he being so difficult?

I eventually give up and remove my towel as soon as I enter my closet.I'm only wearing my underwear.I just need to figure out what to wear for our trip to the mall.

Carlos's POV

When I enter her room she's nowhere in site.

I then soon hear her singing along to Giveon's song favorite mistake.She sounds so bad it's cute.

I decide to wait for her to finish showering on her bed while keeping up with work that needs to be done.

"Uhm Carlos..."

I can hear her but at the same time I don't feel the need to respond. I'm way too busy.

After our minnie argument and me refusing to leave,she eventually gives up and heads into her closet to get dressed.

I know I told her I wouldn't look but I can't help it.

Soon after she walks out of her closet dressed in an all red 3 piece outfit.

She looks as beautiful as always.She's wearing her hair up today.I love when she has it like that because her mesmerizing face is fully and clearly visible.

"Ready?"I ask putting my phone down showing her my attention is fully on her making her smile.

She nods before asking, "You're going dressed like that?"

"Yeah.You can tell everyone I'm your bodyguard."I smile.

Or even better,boyfriend.

She laughs before joining me on the bed.

"Okay so we need to get decorations,place food orders in advance,and most importantly we need to find a dress I'm gonna wear at the party."

"Okay."I smile.

I'm hoping I'll get to ask her out today at lunch when we take a break from shopping.