Chapter 9

"You've seen him?"

"Yeah I have.We attend the same economics class."

"Woah fr?"

"And he lives on the same floor as us."I add looking out the window making sure not to look him in the eyes.

"Does Carlos know?"He asks trying his best to stay calm.

"Yeah."

"How did he digest all of that?"

"Not well."

"I mean,Calithea that's Nathen.Carlos remembers how inseparable you two were in high school.We all do.My advice,if you suspect you might still have feelings for him,let Carlos know or else this is not going to end well.I mean,we live together."

"You're right but,there won't be a need for that at all."

I think.

"I hope not.He really likes you you know..."

"I know."

"Just give it time yeah?"

"Okay."

"Just know that if Nathen tries to get with you and Carlos finds out,he's going to end up in ICU Thea.That man is crazier than I am.He won't hesitate when it comes to you."

I don't know why but for some reason hearing that sent chills down my spine.Mostly because I know Carlos would do anything for me exactly the way Danny just described he would.

"There it is."I say pointing to the pizza place.

We decide to order through the drive through and head home right after stopping for some drinks.Well,he wanted to stop for some drinks.

"Since none of us have classes tomorrow,tonight is national get wasted night!"He cheers and I join.

Our drive back was lit.We were jamming to songs by DaBaby from his KIRK album.

When we arrive back at the penthouse,we bump into Nathen who seems to be on his way out of the building.

3 times in one day,shoot me.

"Hey Cali.Must be my lucky day!3 times in one day?"He chuckles making his beautiful smile visible.

When he notices Danniel behind me his smile grows wider.

"Danniel?"

"In a flesh."He responds trying his best not to be rude but I know him too well.He's not fooling me.

Nathen doesn't seem to notice because his smile is still beaming with excitement.

"How have you been man?"Nathen asks Danniel.

"I've been alright.You know how life is."He bluntly responds.

"Yeah."Nathen then notices the boxes of pizza in our hands and realizes that we need to get going.

"Oh I'm sorry.I didn't realize you were in a rush heading to a party."He smiles nervously as if though he would love to join us.

"Yeah."Danniel dismissively responds before excusing himself to wait for me in the elevator.

Nathen's facial expression is unreadable but I can tell he's a bit intimidated by Danniel.He always has been.

Don't do it don't do it don't do it!

"You wanna join us?"I offer and Danniel shoots me a warning glare.

His eyes were like daggers.

"I don't wanna impose..."

"Calithea let's go!"Danniel warns.

"Some other time yeah?"

"Okay.Sure."I say before hugging him and joining Danny in the elevator.

"Calithea what the f*ck is wrong with you!"

"Why are you yelling at me?Tf."

"I warned you about Xavier and you did not listen to me.Now I'm warning you to be careful when it comes to Nathen and again,you are literally choosing not to listen to me.Carlos is going to be pissed.You know how he is."

"Chill out."

"What would have happened if he decided to join us Thea?This won't end well."