Chapter 8

As soon as we're both done with our ice cream,we chill in my room listening to Brent Faiyaz' latest album while being on our phones.

She's laying on her back on top of hundreds of pillows and I'm laying between her legs resting my head on her stomach.I love doing that because she always plays with my hair whenever I lay on her like this.

We remain like that for a while and it couldn't be more perfect.

"Honey we're home!"Danniel and Jalissa call out in unison as they enter the penthouse.

I'm hoping Cali will tell them to come to us instead of suggesting we go to them.

"In here!"She calls out and I smile.

Soon they join us and we all talk about how excited we are to be staying together and that we should host a house warming party.

"So what were you two up to before we got here?"Jalissa asks making me grin.

We're still in the same comfortable position we were when they got here.

"Well duh Jalissa you know they were getting it on."Danniel teases but I merely just roll my eyes and Cali scoffs.

"What's for dinner?"I ask.

"Pizza?"Jalissa and Cali suggest before bursting into laughter.

Girls will be girls.

"Sure."Danniel agrees and I nod.

"Let's go get it."Cali says sitting up making me sit up as well.

Danniel nods and I realize she was talking to him not me.

Calithea's POV

As soon as Danny agrees to go with me,we head out in his car.

"So,how was your first day?"He asks me in a girly British accent.

"It was lovely."I play along.

On our way to the pizza place we sing along to our favorite songs and goof around.

I love spending time with this clown so much.

"So Thea,tell me...you and Carlos...anything yet?"

I sigh before answering him.

"Well,I mean...you guys are always so busy so I feel like once your schedules are less hectic,we'll tie the knot you know?"

He scoffs and says, "Baby girl our schedules do not get less hectic or more hectic.We choose to work as much as we do.It's not a must.If he overworks himself,there must be a deeper reason behind it.Running a business isn't easy at all but he's allowed to rest every now and then.He's the boss of his own company remember?Nobody is above him."

"Him choosing to work as much as he does means he chooses to spend zero time with me then.It's hurting us.I didn't want to make him worry about losing me but,waiting for him isn't as easy as it looks."

"Calithea..."

"Nathen is back."

"What?"

I don't know why I felt the need to tell him at that exact moment but,I might as well change the subject because right now I'm just upsetting myself.