Chapter 20

Calithea's POV

"I am sick and tired of them hiding things from me!Danniel keeps lying to me!What kind of friend is he?"

I'm sitting on the ground sobbing while Jalissa is holding me tight.

"Shhh it's okay."She whispers.I can hear her  start crying too.

"First I walk in on the man I really care about and a cheap skirt.Then this!I'm so tired Lissa.I'm tired."

"Here's some water."Nathen offers.

"Thank y..."I then stand up and examine his face.

"Are you okay...?We need to clean these wounds before they get infected."

"Cali I'm fine.I'm worried about you.Carlos and Danniel are bad news.Why do you still hangout with them?All they do is hurt you."

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

"I'll go get the first aid kit."Lissa says before disappearing.

"They must have their reasons.Really dumb ones but...they are there."I defend.

"Why are you defending them?Look at you..."

"Found it!"Lissa cheers entering the room.

Perfect timing as usual.

"Thank you."I thank her before taking a few sprays and cotton from her hand to help clean Nathen's wounds.

*knock knock*

Lissa offers to get the door.

"I'm not here to fight.Here's some stuff you'll need if you're staying the night."The voice says before handing her two overnight stay bags.

She doesn't say thank you.

She then closes the door and hands me mine.

"Who was it?"I ask.

"Carlos."

I nod then finish up what I'm doing.

"All done."

He thanks me and cleans up the area.

We all then exchange our goodnights and go to our rooms.

"Wash your face."Lissa suggests and I do just that.

As soon as I'm done I slip into comfortable clothes and notice a packet of sweets on the side of my bag.Carlos must have packed it in.

There's a note attached to it.

It reads *Hi Calithea.I'm sorry about everything.I didn't mean to hurt you.Vanessa isn't really my fiancé,she's an actress I hired so my mom would hand the company over to me.She said she'd only hand it over once I settled down.So I hired her.I'm sorry you had to see what you saw.I had a weak moment and gave in. I'm sorry.If you're reading this at midnight,happy birthday.*

It's midnight.How ironic.

"What is it?"Lissa asks settling into bed.

I toss her the note and she scoots over to give me a hug.

"Happy Birthday Cals..."

I'm not happy right now so it's a sad birthday.

A tear escapes my eye and I don't bother wiping it away.

"How do you feel?"She asks.

"I don't know."I respond.

"We should probably rest."She suggests and I turn off the lights.

I stay awake for an entire hour trying to figure out everything that happened.Too much happened in one day.

Was Carlos really going to shoot Nathen?How did their fight even get that physical?

Why did Carlos and Danniel make Nathen move?Did Carlos really like me back then as well?

"Lissa..."I whisper.

She doesn't answer so I find two papers and a pen and leave her a note.I leave the other note on the kitchen counter for Nathen and leave his penthouse.

I then head back to mine.When I knock on the door,there's no response so I turn the knob to see if it's locked and luckily it isn't.

When I enter,all the lights are still on and there's broken glass everywhere.

I know Danniel did this.Carlos deals with anger differently.His hubbly helps him calm down.

I clean up the mess and head to Carlos' room.

As soon as I'm standing in front of his door I hesitate on wether or not I should knock.