Chapter 34

The next morning I wake up to Calithea's hand in my pants.

I keep calm because I don't want to wake her and I don't want her to stop.

I'd hate to interrupt her dream.Whatever it is.

"F*ck..."

"What's wrong?"She groans slowly opening her eyes.

"Uhm..."

"Oh I'm sorry I don't know why I did that. I'm so sorry."She apologizes as soon as she notices slowly pulling her hand out.

She knows what she's doing.Two can play that game.

"It's okay."I brush it off before getting up.

After fixing the bed together I leave her to shower and I head to the gym room.

Why go to the gym when you're rich enough to have your own?

As soon as I'm done I head back to my room.

I shouldn't have went to bed without washing off the pool chemicals.

As I'm in the shower I can't help but think of Calithea's mixed signals she's been giving me.

Girls.

After my shower session my phone rings.Without looking at the caller ID I answer it.

Me: Yeah?

Mom: Excuse me?

Sh*t.

Me: Hola mamá.

Mom: That's better.How's my favorite son doing?

Me: I'm your only son.(I laugh nervously.)

Mom: Look,I need you and Vanessa to come to the office immediately.Hoy es el día!Today's the day!They want to sign the deal with you mi hijo!(She cheers)I'm so proud of you baby.You found yourself a beautiful fiancé and you've grown so much.

Now I feel bad for lying to her.She made me do it tho.

Me:Gracias mamá.I couldn't have done it without you.I'll be there in an hour.

Mom: Okay.Don't be late!

As soon as she hangs up the phone I turn the music I'm playing on full blast.

"Finally!"I yell.

All the hard work is paying off.I can't wait to tell Calithea.

I pick out a minty green suit and one of my favorite watches.

As soon as I'm ready I head over to Calithea's room but she's not there.

"Where's Calithea?"I ask Danniel when I enter the kitchen.

"She left with Jalissa.They have class today."He says without looking at me.His eyes are glued to his laptop.

He's busy working on a project he won't tell me about.

A legal one.I hope.

"I got the deal.Signing today."

"Congratulations man that's huge!"He cheers standing to give me a fist bump.

"Thanks."

"What did your mom say?"

"You know how your aunt is."I laugh then grab an apple.

"Alryt man I'm out.Oh and please remind me to pick up that package on my way back."I say as I leave.

"Sure.No dead bodies unless you're forced to paint the place red."He warns before I close the door behind me making me smile.

On my way to the office I stop by Vanessa's acting agency to pick her up.

When we get to the office my mother is waiting for me in the boardroom with the two brothers I'm signing the deal with.

Everything goes smoothly until they offer to sponsor mine and Vanessa's wedding.

Great.

"That won't be necessary.I'm filthy rich remember?"I laugh.

"We insist.We won't take no for an answer.You deserve it."

Shoot me.

"I think it's a wonderful offer."My mother supports.

If she wasn't my mother I would slap her into next year.

"We'll talk about it."Vanessa rescues making everyone laugh.

Eventually they stop and they hand me the contract to sign.

I already had my lawyer read it the moment I started doing business with the brothers so I know exactly what I'm agreeing to.

When they leave,I decide to tell my mother everything and she goes ballistic.

"Idiota!"She yells slapping me.

"Mamá it's not that big of a deal."

"You lied to me."

"You know they wouldn't have given me a chance if they knew I wasn't a married man or a man planning on getting married."

"Are you crazy?What if they decided to sponsor your non existent wedding!Do you realize they could have easily reversed the contract if they found out you lied to them?"

"I know but they didn't find out so we're all good.Right?"

"You have a death wish."

"I love you too mamá."