:: Chapter Seven

Lucas' POV

What?” I asked. I'm not in my mood. Spare me from this boredom.

“Sir, It's me again! Astrea at your service.” she smiled like nothing happened.

“I know, What do you want from me?”

“The job, Sir. Don't worry. I can do eveything. Kapag nasa department niyo na ako hindi ka magsisisi, Promise!”

“Background?” I flicked my fingers.

“I'm Astrea Flores, 32 years old. I graduated from—”

“Stop right there. You're quite old for the job. Many freshmen want the position.”

“But, Sir? I'm better than them. I assure you.”

“Better? What about your manners, Miss? You've just shouted on me earlier on the elevator.”

“Hindi ko naman po sinasadya yon' Sir.”

“Just go. You're not hired.” I hissed and looked away.

“I know.” her expression changed. I looked at her and she was about to cry.

“Many people said that to me already, Sir. Astrea, Matanda ka na. Astrea, Bakit hindi ka pa successful, Astrea. . . Okay, Fine. But Sir, Bakit ganon? You decided without looking on my resume, my background, any interviews. . .Maybe—”

“What do you know?!” I exclaimed.

“Know what Miss, Just go! My wife and I. . .” just fought. . . I added. I stopped for a moment and closed my fist. Niluwagan ko ang necktie ko at umupo ulit sa swivel chair.

“It's about Chaster and your wife?” she asked that caught my attention.

“You know him?”

“Of Course. He's too close with Daniella. How could I forget?”

“And, Do you know me by any chance?!” I exclaimed.

“Sorry, Sir. You've just ordered me to go. I'm going.” she turned her back to me and started walking.

“If I hired you, Would you tell me what you know?” I said and she stopped.

Tumingin siya pabalik sa akin at nginitian ako. “I'm Astrea, Danny's classmate on her masterals.”

And, You're hired.” I said and pointed on her.

Why did she hugged me?

//

“You'll be assigned on the photocopy sections. The documents needed for the meetings is your responsibility. You can ask my secretary for help.”

“Noted, Sir. Kailan po ba ako magsisimula?”

“Miss, Kapag nagkamali ka tatanggalin kita agad. Keep that in mind.” I said and walked back to my office.

Hindi ko namalayan na sumunod pala siya sa akin. She's too clingy. We're not even close.

“Sir, Do you want coffee?”

“No.”

“Uhm, Tea?”

“No.”

“Uhm, Ano bang gusto niyo, Sir?”

“For you to get out.”

“Tss. Sungit! Gosh, Wish Chaster is the boss.”  she murmured. I rolled my eyes and opened my phone. Speaking of that stupid, I need to call Chaster.