42

"I don't think this actually works..." I shook my head.

"Sure it does." Daryl nodded, pushing my legs back up the wall. "It keeps the stuff in so it can... You know fertilize the whatever."

I chuckled at him, as he buttoned his shirt and slid his vest on.

"Baby..." I turned my head to see him clearly.

"Yeah?" He crawled over me, pressing a kiss to my lips.

"... How long are we gonna do this?" I asked.

"Six more minutes." He shrugged.

"No... I mean actually do this?" I asked, dropping my legs and sitting up.

It'd been months. And still nothing. Just negative pregnancy tests and regular periods.

"However long it takes-"

"What if it doesn't take?" I questioned. "What if I'm too old and dried up and just can't get pregnant." I shrugged.

"Well then you aren't having fun trying?" He asked.

"Daryl." I smirked. "I love having sex with you." I chuckled. "More than anything, but..." I flailed my arms. "But like freaking clockwork? Breakfast, lunch, and dinner?"

"Alright." He let out a sigh. "Okay. We can stop." He nodded.

"I'm sorry." I shook my head. "I know you want a baby. I know you want to fill up this house but-"

"I know." He nodded, brushing his hand over my face. "S'alright. Maybe... Maybe we'll find another orphaned baby or something." He tried to joke, but I knew he was hurting. Hell, I was hurting. I'd wanted to give him a baby, as much as he'd wanted one.

"Let's go." Daryl whistled. I drug my hands over my arms, trying to warm myself up.

"I love you." I called, waving at him and Lydia from the porch.

They had to escort the residents of the Kingdom to the Hilltop before the storm that had been brewing.

"Noah!" I called, walking into the kitchen. "Come here bud!"

I was pre-baking biscuits to deliver to some of the older residents so they didn't have to leave their houses in the cold.

"Hi Momma." He turned into the kitchen.

"Come help me." I pointed to the round cookie cutter.

He helped me bake the rest of the biscuits and bag them.

"Warm enough?" I asked, tightening Noah's hood.

"Yeah." He was holding two bags of bread.
I grabbed his hand, taking him with me to a few of the houses.

Afterwards we lit our fireplace and had a small dinner and fell asleep on the couch.

The storm had gotten stronger the next night and the council decided us safer together. We'd gathered some people in the church and others in a few other houses.

I sat on the bench in the church, cradling Noah in my lap.

I watched a few others pour inside and gaped at Gabriel guiding Negan inside. I swallowed hard and watched him tie him to the water heater in the back of the church.

"Momma who is that?" Noah sat up, looking at him.

"No one baby-"

"Awe, come on. Is that anyway to introduce a kid to his-"

"Shut your mouth." I growled, standing to move away from him.

"No, I'm sorry!" He called. "I'm sorry."