PART -1

"Mom, is the breakfast ready? I am getting late", exclaimed Sidharth .

" Just a minute beta", his mom replied . Sidharth came to the breakfast table with his bags pack.

"Sid, can't you file a request for posting you to Jaipur instead of Punjab, it's much closer to Mumbai",said Ritaji overwhelmed with emotions . Sidharth could see her eyes brimmed with tears.  He rose up from his chair and took her into a bear hug.
"Mom, you know it's not possible. Stop being so emotional otherwise I will not be able to leave you like this. Please mom!! ". He himself was on the verge of crying knowing that she had been controlling her emotions and tears since the time he broke out the news of his transfer to Punjab and informed her that he was going there without her.

"You know Sid it's difficult."
"I know mom, but please be strong for me. "
"Ok but promise me you won't forget dropping a good morning and good night text to me. " She had been asking for this since two days and Sidharth found it a little amusing and childish. Little did he know about the insecurities a mother,a family has when they need to send a loved one for a duty that has no certainity of life. But she  always respected the passion his son had for his duty and nation. She had seen this passion grow deeper and deeper each day, since the time he decided to appear for NDA.
"Sure mom, I won't forget. Now plzz give me my breakfast, I have my flight at 2 and it's already 11".
Ritaji served him breakfast and kept caressing his face till the time he was done. She was becoming over emotional today, she knew.  Sidharth hugged his mom tightly as he was ready to leave now.
"Bye mom. Take care. Don't skip your tablets. Don't you dare to do any work all by yourself, ask raghu Kaka for help. I love you. "
"Bye beta. I love you too. Don't worry. I will be fine", she replied with a heavy heart. It was indeed difficult for her. She had always accompanied him wherever he was posted but not this time for some reason unknown to her. Sidharth had told her that he would take her to Punjab as soon as he settles there well. She was not convinced but didn't ask anything having acquainted with the nature of his job.So she was ready to wait. She had no other option.

As soon as he drove towards the airport, he felt himself choked with emotions. He managed to stay strong in front of his mom as he didn't want to make this separation more difficult for her than it already was. He never stayed away from her other than the years of his training period. He was overwhelmed was the least to say.

Reaching the airport at 12:30 , he completed all the formalities and security check-ins and boarded the flight. He dozed off as soon as he took his seat.

"Mummy ji mein college ja rahi aa",shehnaaz almost shouted.
"Chali ja menu ki dasri aa", replied her mother coldly.

Shehnaaz had this habit of informing her mother that she is leaving despite her cold and blunt replies.

"Oye Mahi , tu kithe aa. M college te layi nikal li aa",said shehnaaz as she called her best friend cum sister , her go to for every situation and difficulty.
Shehnaaz loved her a lot. She was family to her.
"Tu phaunch , mein aari aa", replied Mahi. She too loved shehnaaz a lot since the time they met in school in 6th grade. They both were together since then. She was aware of her condition at home , so she always tried to give her all the love, comfort and affection she deserved but never got.

As soon as shehnaaz reached college, she waited for Mahi at the college gate itself.

"Kutti kha thii tu.  M kabse tera wait krri aa ", she said as Mahi arrived.
"Are Yrr, aaj late ho gyi. Mummy nu kuch kaam tha, chal Jaldi ab late hore aa, lecture 10 baje aa, it's already 9:50".
"It's already 9:50 ", shehnaaz mimicked her, "late tu hai ya m. "
"Chal na abb, aur late na kri", scoffed Mahi getting irritated.