Part - 15

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder, but it sure makes the rest of you lonely❤❤”

Last two days were very difficult for both Sidharth and Shehnaaz... The heaviness was too much to take for their innocent hearts..
They both had grown extremely closer in last 20 days and now the separation that was waiting for them was going to be heart wrenching and the worst part of it was that it seemed almost inevitable...

Sidharth came back early last evening taking a half day since he did not have much work to do and he felt so distracted that he could not focus on literally anything...
He could not even talk to anybody about what storm his heart and mind were going through ...What was he to say, why he did not want her to leave??.. He felt so suffocated .20 days with her were so beautiful and serene....The tranquility she gave to him was something really special...
He was perplexed as to what feared him more,her operation or the fact the that she would go to her home after that...he did not want her to go there...Mahi's words had not left his mind... Those asked him to stop her from going there even more... He had an idea that how her family was from whatever shehnaaz used to talk about it though she never stated anything clearly neither he had asked anything...he did not want to risk her health or more so he didn't want to risk his own without her...
At once he thought of asking Dr. Wahi postpone her operation and then cringed at his own stupid idea.. Never had he been so irrational and illogical in his life...
Never had he feared parting away from someone this much....

Since he had came early, he decided to prepare special dinner for her, whatever she loved.... He had became well versed with her likes and dislikes in these 20 days , there being two reasons for it -first that she didn't not stop talking and second one that he himself wanted to learn her as a verse to never forget anything related to her....
He prepared Punjab special 'makke ki roti' and 'sarso ka saag' for her....it was healthy as well as her favorite...It was first time for him to cook this stuff so he opened YouTube for help..

Shehnaaz was in a bit more worse condition... She just did not want to go back... Not at all...She did not want to leave her newly found safe heaven...She did not want to leave her newly found home, Sidharth.It was bizarre but she had completely forgotten that there existed a world beyond him and the home she was in...
She wanted to ask him to not let her go... She wanted him to stop her without her asking him to do so...But everything seemed so difficult right now... Was there anything in her hands to reverse the path of her destiny that was made to separate them...

They had their dinner chitchatting like always but the happiness was lost and not even a single second passed when they succeeded in hiding their fear of separation... Sidharth being extra loving, extra caring, him making special dinner for her, pampering her, the foot massage he gave her, all seemed a result of the fact that she was going tomorrow....
Shehnaaz being extra demanding, asking him to do stuffs for her, asking him to sit beside her all the time, accompanying him in everything he did that evening clearly showed that she feared tomorrow....
Both were in pain but none spoke a word... They just wanted each other to do something and avoid the inevitable...

Sidharth sat beside her resting his back on headboard and caressed her hair... She was still on medicines so it didn't take her much time to fall asleep... But he could not sleep.... Sleep was nowhere to be found...He felt so overwhelmed , choked and heavy...He sat there all the night, kissed her forehead and hands time and again... he just could not believe that tomorrow night she would not be here... He would not sitting there caressing her hair, her forehead like he did every night after she slept ... The thought pierced needles in his heart... But he could do nothing....
It took the whole night for sleep to take over him and he finally slept at 5 in the morning in the same position....

Shehnaaz woke up when his phone beeped... She opened her eyes and her heart wrenched at the sight , he was sleeping beside her  and holding her one hand into his 2 big ones like a kid.... And had placed it very close to his heart....
She felt so heavy that she could not control her tears... They started rolling down her cheeks....She herself was so shattered and seeing him like that increased her pain to 1000 folds... She could feel the fear and pain that had made him hold her hand like that..