Melody of Learning

I glance back down at Monika's ripped uniform. Her skirt and shirt are ripped slightly showing her underwear. I look back up at her eyes. "Let's see if we can find you some clothes in the supply room."

Monika smiles. "At least someone is an honest gentleman around here."

"It is also cold outside and I refuse to let you walk home in that state."

I grab a large ring of keys and walk out of my room and down to the library basement, followed closely by Monika. As we walk past some supplies, Monika stops. I continue to a door, in the back of the room, and unlock it.

"Hey.. Roman?" Monika asks timidly.

I turn to see she has pulled a painter's cloth off of an old piano. 

She turns to me with a smile. "Is this yours?"

I walk back to it, looking it over. I then bend down and look under it. "Yep! That was mine." The date plate reads 1972, the property of Roman ____. "I donated it to the school."

Monika thinks for a moment. "I think it would look right at home in the music room, don't you agree?"

"Two doors down from the literature club room, correct?" I ask.

Monika nods, a smile growing on her face. "Please, Roman?! I absolutely love playing the piano!"

I motion for her to follow me. "Once you get changed and tell me what happened, you have a deal." I flip on the light to the supply room. Various boxes labeled 'school uniforms' sit in the back right corner. "I will be outside the door."

Monika looks at me with a smirk. "Not even a small desire to sneak a peek?"

I shake my head. "Don't get me wrong, you are a beautiful young lady, but I have alternate intentions."

Monika stops me from closing the door. "I take it the talk with Yuri went very well then."

I smile. "And I am sure you want to know all the details."

Monika nods wildly. "I am a sucker for romance!"

I laugh. "A succubus that likes gossiping about romance, who would have guessed!"

Monika huffs at me. "We all have our own tastes. Mine just happens to be somewhat related to my powers."

I grin wide. "And mine is history, considering the fact I have lived most of it. So I guess that is fair."

Monika chuckles. "You should be a teacher." Glancing at me once more before closing the door.

A teacher? I think to myself. That.. actually isn't the worst idea. We have been discussing expanding to include a college. Monika, Sayori, and Yuri are second years and Natsuki is a first-year, sooner or later they would be considering college.. Well, Monika and Yuri seem more apt to continue into college. Maybe it is time to discuss it again with Victor.

I become so wrapped up in my thoughts, I do not hear Monika open the door again.

"Better?!" Monika asks.

I turn around quickly. "Well, it fits. That is the important thing."

Monika crosses her arms. "Rather tight around my chest."

I chuckle. "I think that is less the uniform and more your own personal problem."

Monika cuts her eyes at me. "Don't compliment me all at once or anything.."

I chuckle again. "Your impressions are getting better, that sounded exactly like something Natsuki would say."

Monika groans, shaking her head. "I am never going to catch a good guy am I?"

I cross my arms. "Is it older men, in general, you are attracted to.. or...."

Monika looks at me sadly. "I guess I just see how you and Zero treat women and.. I want that to be me.. so badly."

"I could introduce you to a few guy vampires, but I can't guarantee they all see eye to eye with my views on coexistence." I say, walking to the piano.

Monika thinks for a moment. "I am not sure you understand my taste in men."

I turn around, almost dancing. "Tall, dark hair, strong figure, gentle heart, handsome smile."

Monika sighs. "You make me sound so shallow."

I laugh. "You are still so young. Why be in a rush?"

Monika leans against the doorframe, her arms overlapped. "I guess I am trying to be a good example for Natsuki.. With her mother gone, I feel like it is my duty to her."

I sit at the piano, playing the keys to see if it needs to be tuned. "I am sure there are more pressing things on her mind than dating." As I play the keys, a few stick or fail to make a sound. "Sounds like the old girl needs tuning and some TLC."

Monika lights up. "So you will have it moved for me?!"

I turn on the bench to face her. "Depends on what happened with Justin?"

Monika grits her teeth, recounting everything that happened and what was said. Afterwhich, she at me with a smile. "And I kicked his ass good. However, if he takes further action then I would need your help talking to the principle."

I lean back on the piano, coming down on multiple keys at one. "What is in it for me?" I glance back at her with a smirk.

Monika thinks a moment. "What if.. I write you a song?"

"Counteroffer, you write a song that you would play for your future true love."

Monika looks worried. "But how do I write a song for someone I do not know yet?"

I chuckle. "Easy. You write a song about yourself and what you want. It will be easier for him to get to know you once he hears and understands the song."

Monika leans forward. "I stand by what I said earlier, you would make a fantastic teacher!"

I smile. "I will consider it, when I get bored."

"I better be getting home." Monika starts past me but stops to give me a hug. "Thank you, Roman." She says sweetly before continuing out the door.

I sit, alone with all my useless junk.. Perhaps it is time for a yard sale.