1:3

After the perfects showed the girl first years where they would be sleeping and the password (Bloody Baron), they left. Celeste's trunk was already in-front of her bed when she came in. Celeste closed her bed curtains to change. Once she was in her nightgown she grabbed a piece of parchment and started writing to her parents.

Dear Mum and Dad,
I miss you already! I got into  Slytherin with Melody and Draco. Sorry Dad, but the Sorting Hat did think about putting me in Hufflepuff! It thought that I had traits of every house, which is nice. I met these nice 1st years called Harry, Ron, And Hermione. I think i'm going to be close with them.
See you at Christmas break?
                       Lots of Love,
                           Celeste

She put the letter on her nightstand and turned to Melody. "Are you excited for class?" Celeste asked Melody.

"Yeah I guess. I hope I have no classes with Pugface Parkinson though." They both laughed at that.

"What are you two laughing at?" Pansy asked. She was sat next to Daphne Greengrass, their other roommate, who was braiding her hair.

"Nothing," Celeste said, sneaking a look at Melody.

* * *

Celeste woke up early to go to the Owlry and drop off her letter. After breakfast, she met with Harry and Ron to compare their classes.

"Hey, we have almost all classes together guys!" They had Potions, Charms,, DADA, Herbology and transfiguration.

"That's great Celeste!" Ron smiled. They got lost quite a few times, mostly thanks to Peeves. She soon got the hang of the layout of Hogwarts, and she had already made a lot of friends.

On Friday she met with Harry and Ron and sat at the Gryffindor table. Hermione wasn't very happy about Celeste breaking the rules, but Celeste didn't care.

"What have we got today?" Harry asked while pouring sugar in his porridge.

"Double potions with Slytherins, Snapes head of Slytherin house. They say he always favors them— we'll be able to see if it's true."  Ron said.

Before anyone could say something the morning letters came. Hedwig dropped a letter into Harry's breakfast, making it splash and land on Celeste.

"I'll be back. I'm going to see if my parents responded." Celeste said while wiping her robes off and getting up. She walked over to Cedric. He handed her a letter, and When she opened it she could tell it was her mum's handwriting. She could also tell that her mum was obviously bored in the house without her daughter, because halfway through the letter she had began talking about the garden and their neighbors. At the end her dad wrote a few things that were actually sweet.

"Did they write?" Ron attempted to ask with his mouth full when she came back.

"Honestly Ron, you should close your mouth when you talk! We know you like to talk to Celeste-" Fred began,

" -But you won't make her like you when your spewing food at every direction, brother." George finished.

Celeste gawked at this, while Ron turned as red as his hair.

"We'll see you in class Celeste." Ron murmured while standing and grabbing Harry to follow.

Weird... Celeste thought. She got up with Hermione and went to potions, Potions was held in the dungeons so Celeste should've been accustomed to the cold but with Professor Snape's black color scheme and the creepy artifacts, she felt uncomfortable.

Celeste decided to sit with Draco and the other Slytherins in their year. Other than Crabbe and Goyle, two boys called Blaise and Theo had been sorted into Slytherin. Daphne had clearly taken interest in Theo, as they had been whispering softly since class had started.

"Mr Nott, If you're done talking to Miss Greengrass, would you like to join the class?" Snape sneered.

"To finish where i left off, little foolish wand-waving here, many of you will hardly believe this is magic. I don't expect you will really understand the beauty of the softly simmering cauldron with its shimmering fumes, the delicate power of liquids that creep through human veins, bewitching the mind, ensnaring the senses.... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory, even stop death --if you aren't as big a bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." Celeste gulped at his words. She would probably be horrible at potion making, yeah she could do some wandless magic, but if potion making was anything like cooking, she was doomed.

"Potter! What would i get if i added powdered root of of asphodel to an infusion of worm word?" Harry looked absolutely confused, but Hermione looked like she knew it though, she was almost standing.

"I don't know, Sir." Said Harry.

"Tut, tut —clearly fame isn't everything.Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

Hermione stretched her hand even more, but Snape was ignoring her. Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle were now shaking with laughter.

"Exactly my point," Snape said, turning from the Gryffindor side. "it'll be well advised to pay attention when I'm speaking. Five points from Gryffindor."

Throughout the rest of class Snape slipped in snide comments towards Harry and the Gryffindor house as a whole, making it a long two hours. They had been tasked to get into partners and mix a simple potion to cure boils, and like everyone could probably guess, he criticized everyone except Draco, whom he seemed to like. Celeste was just about to ask Draco how he did it when clouds of smoke filled the dungeon, coming from the Gryffindor side.

Neville Longbottom somehow managed to melt Seamus's cauldron into a twisted blob, and their potion was seeping across the stone floor,
burning holes in people's shoes. Within seconds, the whole class was standing on their stools while Neville, who had been drenched in the potion when the cauldron collapsed, moaned in pain as angry red boils sprang up all over his arms and legs. Of course, instead of helping, Snape started to berate him, and then yell at Harry, blaming him. By the time the class was over, Gryffindor had lost five points. Ron and Harry looked glum as they trudged out.

Celeste was going to follow them, but Daphne came up to her, pulling her along to follow her. "Hello Celeste," she said. "as you know, we share a dorm."

"Yeah," Celeste said.

"Well Pansy and I have already became good friends, so I was thinking that we all should be good friends. Best friends." She sat beside her at the Slytherin table. "And you know I've been planning on wooing Theodore, so you should help me out with that. His mum was a blonde so he should totally feel this connection with me. I mean, if his dad likes blondes, he should too!"

Celeste nodded slightly as she listened to Daphne talk the whole Lunch hour, not even stopping when the older Slytherins gave her looks. When Theo came, she would talk about her families business, and when he would leave for any reason, she would squeal, and grip on Celeste's arm. She was surprised that Daphne had already become infatuated with someone as it had only been a couple days since they arrived, but she knew from her mum that all the Greengrass women had married young, so clearly Daphne wanted to get options as soon as possible.