Untitled Part 25

((AN: okay guys, i just wanted to say, hot...damn it has been a long time and i am so SO sorry, i was just... wow im not gonna make excuses. but im back and okay now. and i wanted to say i love you all for sticking with me through this and loving me and giving me support. thank you all so much, and a special thanks to my lovely new friend Devon, who brought me out of my slump. there will be another new chapter out TONIGHT))

sollux seemed nervous, his lovely mismatched eyes avoiding yours for a moment upon your demanding tone. then, he stood up a little straighter, seeming to gain confidence in the words he was about to speak. you still had your hand on your hip, which was cocked to the side in your fit of attitude.

"okay" said the boy, his hand going to the back of his head. "i wath dating ff until the day that i went back to that club, and thaw you there". his confession seemed rushed, falling hastily out of his mouth. a feeling of guilt pooled in your stomache. you had stolen him from his girlfriend. 

"we had been fighting that day, and tho i went to the bar to clear my head. thatth when i thaw you. i dont believe in love at firtht thite but thith had to be thomething, and after your little flirty thhow, i wath in deep" he said, slowing down his words and lowering his tone. you swollowed, staring at him with an unreadable expression, your mouth running dry and lungs burning like wildfire.

"i called her that night, and i told her that it wath over, but thhe wouldnt lithten to me. thhe thaid i wath confuthed, that i had had too much to drink and i didnt mean it. i tried telling her the next day, and the next day. thhe just doethnt get it!" his tone was pleading now, the calculating eyes of your best friend in the entire world were boring into him, and then you. 

it appeared as though the story was over, but you could think of nothing to say. "you left your girlfriend... based on a first glance at me?" you asked, your tone weary and unbelieving. the look in his eyes said that he didnt expect you to be upset over this detail...

he was wrong.

"get out" you said in a tone as if it were the most obvious thing to do. 

you could feel kankri's stare soften in pride, and not a word was said as sollux left your apartment.