33- Suspicions

Bella's POV

This past week has gone by so fast I didn't even notice, maybe it's because I've been so worried about Ashton. He's been acting so suspicious the entire week and it's worrying me, I really want to know where he goes when he receives those mysterious phone calls from people I don't know about. I just hope he's not involving himself in any bad business because I'd be really disappointed if I find out he is.

My phone started ringing so I picked it up and pressed the phone against my ear.

"Hey, how are you?" Ashton asked, the sound of his voice gives me butterflies.

"I'm fine, where are you?" I asked.

"I'm hanging out with Mark," He said.

"Ok. Is there an emergency?" I asked.

"No, why?" Be asked. I sat up on my bed and ran my hands through my hair.

"You never call me so I thought you might need help with something" I explained. Ashton and I hardly call each other because we always hang out together after work everyday.

"So I need to have an emergency to speak to my girlfriend?" He joked.

"That's not what I meant," I said laughing.

"I know, I called because I really wanted to hear your voice and to hear you laugh, believe it or not you really make me feel happy. I love you" He said, at this point I was at the verge of crying. He was so sweet and I was just doubting everything he'd told me, he said he wasn't involving himself in any bad business, but I still chose to think there might be a chance that he is.

"I love you too" I said as tears streamed down my cheeks.

"I'm coming to pick you up now, we're going to my apartment" He said, immediately cutting the call. He never gives me a chance to choose what I want to do.

After an hour Ashton had come to pick me up, I changed into a green sweater and white jeans and pulled my hair up in a bun, leaving two loose strands at either side of my head.

I rushed downstairs immediately I heard the sound of the car honking.

"You look stunning, " He said, kissing my lips.

"Thank you, you look great" I said, Ashton was dressed in a white shirt, the sleeves of his shirt were rolled up to his elbow and the first two buttons were undone, he wore a black trouser to match with it. He looked sexy.

"I wanted to grab some food before going to my apartment, where do you want us to go?" He asked.

"Umm... Taco Bell" I said, I was in the mood for Mexican food.

The drive to Taco Bell wasn't really long because most restaurants are close to my home.

I ordered a quesadilla and grilled stuft burrito, while Ashton ordered double crunchwrap, cheesy gordita crunch and toasted cheddar chalupa. For drinks we order Pepsi.

We finally arrived at Ashton's apartment after twenty minutes. The house seemed empty and we were the only ones here.

"Let's go to my room," He said, bringing all the food with him.

We ate and after eating we relaxed in his bed and watched a movie.

"We should hang out like this all the time" I said, turing towards Ashton as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"You like it?" He asked, kissing my nose. I nodded and snuggled closer to him.

"It's not about the date or where we hung out together. All I want is to spend more time with you, the only thing that makes this date amazing is the fact that I get to be with you" I said, the more I said all this to him the more my suspicions grew. He tried to avoid eye contact with me, he looked like he was feeling uneasy like he's hiding something he really wants to spill.