Hero Too (6)

1-A was in turmoil, in the span of a half-hour all their moments and interactions with Bakugou had changed.

    By now the students had clustered together in their friend groups moving their chairs closer to each other to offer comfort.

    The Bakusquad was puppy piled together around Bakugou's desk, Momo and Jirou were practically sitting on each other's laps. And even Dark Shadow gave small hiccups from time to time.

    "T-hats *sob* that's m-murder"

~~~

    Bakugou lay by his father's side sobbing till no tears came when  Mitsuki finally returned. The front door slammed shut while Mitsuki came into view. She seemed semi-sober now but still gave a hysterical air.

    Bakguou turned sharply hissing in pain. His face livid with anger as tears tracked through. He hobbled to a standing posture, clutching his right arm.

    "YOU KILLED, HIM!"

    "YOU'VE FUCKING K-KILLED DAD! I-I'M GOING TO C-CALL THE POLICE. I-I'M CALLING THE HEROES."

Mitsuki stared back a smirk on her face.

    "I'LL TELL THE MEDIA! YOU FUCKING OLD HAG. I HATE YOU. I HATE YOU!!!"

    "Shut up." the women growled in a low tone.

    "I didn't do a damn thing, son," She coyly said, taking deliberate steps towards Bakugou who slowly backed away.

    "This was all your fault" Mitsuki chortled. "I TOLD YOU! Don't tell anyone! That pathetic excuse of a man did too! And what did you do?"

    "D-don't talk *hic* about d-dad like that!" Bakugou said through hiccups.

    "You tell me, Katsuki."

    " I never asked you to tell anyone. I never asked him to come in front of the bottle."

    "He died protecting you!" And then she turned to walk away.

    "And Katsuki, the media?" Mitsuki sniggered, taking a look back. "I OWN the media."

    "It's your fault"

    "Your Fault"

~~~

    Masaru Bakugou's funeral was a small one. His death was covered up as a heart attack while only family members and a few close co-workers came.

    The day was cloudy and a soft chill ruffled through.

    Bakugou stood, his eyes glassed over but not a single tear fell. Not when nameless people came up on stage to talk about Masaru. Not when the wind bit into his skin and his mom clutched his shoulder. Not when the coffin was lowered. Not when all the guests had left after paying respects. Not when Mitsuki left, turning her back towards barking at him to take a cab home.

    When the last person had left Bakugou shook on his feet before falling onto his knees, those glazed crimson orbs showing cracks. Tears that had been held back slipped and droplet after droplet crashed through. Sobs wracking his body, Bakugou fell onto his father's grave, mumbling apologies.

    "I-i'm sorry. I'm sorry. T'was my fault. *sob* MY FAULT!" Cries swept through the gusts of wind as the ghostly silence of the graveyard was broken.

    "I'm sorry Dad...." Bakugou stood up on shaky feet, dragging a hand across his eyes. The last of the tears drying up.

    "I'll become a hero for you Dad, I'll be strong." And those cracked eyes turned cold.