Bloom in My Heart (1)

Time Period: Before the Sports Festival

___________________________________

Bakugou slouched down lower in his seat as Aizawa droned into the waning hours of class. His throat had been throbbing more than usual and the irritation in his face rose steadily.

    "The sports festival is going to be on Monday. You've all been briefed on how it's going to work ...."

    The sports festival. "If I win it, I'll be on TV, wouldn't I? That hag and my old man will see me," Bakugou murmured to himself. 

~~~

    Bakugou leaned against a wall, the students of UA passing him in the corridors to go home, while the ash blondie checked his incoming messages.

    He scrolled to the chat with his mother, checking to see if there were any replies. He had texted her this morning.

Bakugou: The sports festival is on Monday

Old Hag: Ok

    He gave a sigh before going to check his father's contact.

Bakugou: The sports festival is on Monday

[Read 9 a.m]

    "Fuck, he didn't he ever bother replying" Bakugou muttered, running a frustrated hand through his hair.

    "Well, it's not like they ever did." he gave a disappointed sigh before pushing himself off the wall to head home.

~~~

    The door clicked open to the Bakugou family's enormous house. The blondie made his way in throwing his shoes to the side and shutting the door.

    "I'm home!" He called. No reply.

    Bakugou stood there in the doorway for a moment, before a dejected gaze passed through his eyes.

    "Shit, why do I even bother, no one's ever home."

    Slowly unwinding, Bakugou threw his bag onto his bed, before changing into a set of comfortable clothes. He padded his way down the stairs to the marble-topped kitchen. A bowl of Katsudon sat on the countertops and Bakugou made a beeline for it.

    Grabbing the bowl he saw a sticky note stuck to its side.

Eat Up Katsuki!

~Ai

    Bakugou gave a soft smile, reading the note. The cleaning lady- Auntie Aiyoko came twice a week and without fail she always made lunch for Bakugou, with a small note. The blondie crumpled the piece of paper before stuffing it in his pocket.

    'The damn cleaning lady comes around home more than them'.

~~~

    Bakugou was getting ready for bed. His throat had been aching the whole day and he had made several cups of warm lemon tea to ease his throat but to no avail.

    The crimson-eyed boy stopped in front of the large door to the master bedroom, gazing at it solemnly before making his way inside.

Staring at the portraits that lined the wall. He slowly stepped in, taking in the view of the modern room. The plain gray walls and a large bed sat in the middle with crisp linen sheets. Sheets that looked like that hadn't been slept in a while.