Boredom

You were laying on your couch staring at the ceiling. You were really bored as you had already read all of your books. You didn't know how Matter was still typing away, but he was. As you thought that you heard- the chair scoot out and some foot steps walking away. You looked up as you watched Matter walk out of the kitchen with a glass of water. Finally he gets his own. You put your head back down and continue looking at the not-so-interesting ceiling.

       "Are you bored?" Matter questioned.
       "Very." You mumbled. You didn't even sit up.
       "You could go get your brother." You sat up quickly and looked at him.
       "No." You spoke confidently.
       "Ok. I was just trying to figure out something for you to do." He walked to the front door and opened it looking out.
       "If you want you can go to the nearby village. You can hang there today and come back tomorrow." You looked at him confused. He was suddenly being nice??
      "Uh ok. Let me grab my bag." You went to your room and got your backpack. You walked towards the front door, but got stopped by Matter.
       "Don't tell anyone what is happening and be back by noon tomorrow." You nodded and he grabbed your wrist. You watched as he put the same bracelet over the bandages.
       "It won't shock you, it's just so I know where you are, but it will shock you if you try to remove it." He explained before letting go of your wrist. You nodded and walked towards the door. You hopped on your horse and rode away.

       Within about two hours you arrived at the walls of the village. You got off your horse and led him in. You saw a small inn near the entrance and walked over. You tied your horse to the fence post and walked in.

       "Hello! How may I help you today?" The kind lady spoke from behind the counter.
       "Could I get a room for one night and a place for my horse to stay?" You spoke to the lady.
       "Of course! The stables are out the door and to the right, you'll see them, and one room for one night is 5 gold." You reached into your pocket and brought out 5 pieces of gold.

      You handed them over to her and thanked her. She walked you to your room and handed you a key. She smiled before walking away and you walked in. You set your bag on the bed and grabbed some gold and iron. You shoved them into your pockets and walked out to your horse. You led him over to the stables and spoke with the man. You paid him the two iron for your horse to stay and thanked him before walking away.

       The village was cute and bustling. There were people everywhere talking and shopping. You came across one little stand selling apples and decided to get some. You walked up and there was kid that looked no older than 10 standing behind it. They looked up to you with a smile.

       "How can I help you?" They question.
       "Could I get five apples?" You question the kid.
       "That will be 5 Iron." The kid smiled and you handed them the iron. You took the apples and put them in an extra backpack you had brought.

       You walked around the whole day just looking around and buying things. You felt content not having to be near Matter. You kinda missed village life but you also loved not living in one. You had gotten four books, a stack of paper, and a new sword. You were looking into a flower shop when you felt a hand on your shoulder. You quickly turned to see Herobrine standing there looking confused.

      "Hero!" You hugged him tightly and he hugged back.
      "What are you doing here?" You asked him when you let go.
      "I could ask you the same thing." He laughed lightly, as did you.
       "I was bored at the house and Matter allowed me to come here for the night." You explained. Herobrine looked upset.
       "Why don't you just leave? You could have gone to Notch's." Hero questioned you.
       "He's tracking me." You show him your wrist with the bracelet and he gently grabs it.
       "Does it still hurt to remove?" You nodded and he sighed.
       "What happened to your wrist?" He examined the bandages.
       "The bracelet was left on and burned away a few layers of skin. It was bleeding so I had to clean and wrap it." He looked worried.
       "I'm ok now, it's healing fine. I drank a potion." He nodded.
       "Would you mind if I hung out with you tonight?" Hero asked.
      "Of course not!" You smiled and so did he. You turned back around and glanced at the flowers you saw before walking away with Herobrine.

       You spent the rest of the evening walking around with Hero and talking. You ended up getting food at a small shop and that was your dinner. Hero explained that he and Notch were working hard to figure out a way to free you. As it got later you both headed back to the inn.

       "Hello, I see you brought a friend." The lady at the counter joked.
       "Could I get a room?" Herobrine questioned her. She looked down then right back up.
       "We are currently out of rooms." She looked apologetic
       "That's alright. He can stay with me." You spoke up. The lady smiled and Herobrine looked at you confused. You walked him to your room and you both walked in.
       "Thanks for letting me stay in here. I'll sleep in the floor." He said with a smile.
       "No, you can stay in the bed, it's no big deal." You informed him.
       "Are you sure?"
      "Yea, now I'm going to bed." You crawled into the bed and so did Hero.

       You both stayed on your side of the bed and you drifted off. You woke up to the sun on your face and groaned. Herobrine was asleep with his back to you. You got up and decided to shower and change into fresh clothes. Once you were finished you walked out to see Herobrine waking up. He smiled happily at you.

      "Thanks for letting me sleep here." He got up from the bed.
      "You're welcome, thanks for staying with me. It made it a lot more fun." You replied.
      "Anything for you." He smiled then walked into the bathroom.

       You both went to eat breakfast and walk around for the hour you had left. Suddenly Hero said he had to grab something and that he'd be back. You sat on a bench near the front gate and looked around. The place was beautiful. You saw Herobrine walking up and stood up to meet him. His hands were behind his back which was weird.

      "Here." He handed you a box that was probably six inches long and three inches wide.

      You looked at it confused but took it. You opened it to reveal a dagger. The dagger had jewels in the handle and a small engraving.

       "If he ever does anything to harm you, use that." He looked at you sincerely. You hugged him.
       "Thank you." You spoke.
       "Please be safe y/n. I'm doing everything I can to help you, I can't lose you." Herobrine looked like he was about to cry. You hugged him slightly tighter.
       "We are going to be ok Herobrine. He's not so hostile towards me now." You hear Herobrine take a deep breathe.
       "Be Safe." He whispers before kissing the top of your head and teleporting away.

       You jumped on your horse and began riding back to your house.