The demons.

"The meeting is adjourned, for now" the demon king spoke as he rose to his feet and left the meet hall with quick steps, leaving the other demon nobles to do whatever they feel like.

Declan Akaba from the pride clan groaned as he moved his stiff shoulders and got up as well. Many nobles were clearing the hall, and no one barely noticed him leaving. Declan really hated the meeting. Especially, since his dad apparently always had something else to do and send Declan in his place. It was not the first time and surely not the last, and it annoyed the prideful demon a lot.

"Man, it was boring" another demon said as he joined Declan seconds later as they both left the demon king's castle. "Was it just me or was the demon king down for some reason? Never seen him like this".

Declan lifted an eyebrow at the short black-haired male who now walked beside him. He was dressed in a black turtleneck top with sleeveless gray and denim jacket. Black jeans and shoes completed the look and made him look badass. That was at least the boy's statement. His close friend Sorano Connors and demon noble himself to the wrath clan. Piss him off and you were surely not going to survive for long. Declan shrugged. He didn't want to comment on that.

"I heard rumors that his oldest son messed up again" Sorano then mused thoughtfully "But that is only rumors of course. What do you think?".

"I think we shouldn't meddle in the king's affairs unless you want a painful death" Declan replied slowly and sighed "He gives me the creeps".

"Who doesn't when he is present?" Sorano replied with a chuckle. Then his face into pure seriousness "But still we are allowed to think for ourselves you know. To be honest I am surprised to see you to the meetings once again Declan. I thought you hated being here".

"I do" Declan replied and snort "But father has other plans. His disrespect towards the king worries me a great deal. Especially, with the rumors of a rebellion. Have you heard anything from your contacts?".

"Nope but Herk is looking into it as we speak" Sorano replied and hummed.

He was clearly about to say something else when another voice suddenly were  shouting their names. Surprised, the two demon nobles turned around and were soon face to face with the demon king's youngest son. Dressed in an orange t-shirt and green pants as well as magenta shoes, Declan could take him for a normal demon child if it hadn't been for the black small cape that went down to the middle of his back. It was carrying the demon's king's signature crest. The symbol of a dragon.

"You sure run fast" Yuya replied and huffed dramatically.

All which made Declan roll his eyes at him. If Yuya wanted to, he could have cornered them in a second. Even in human form. His demon form was known as one of the fastest demon forms there were, besides his brothers and father.

"What do you want my prince?" Sorano asked, making Yuya pout annoyed.

"Yuya! Call me Yuya. You do know I hate being referred as prince" He snort back.

"But you are the prince" Sorano teased and chuckled at his annoyed face expression.

"What do you want Yuya?" Declan quickly interrupted before a fight, even a verbal fight, erupted between them.

Yuya lit instantly up by hearing his name as his heterochromia eyes were shining red and green. You didn't need much to please this boy, who for some reason had taken a shine to Declan, and decided he was his friend.

"Oh yeah right. I was wondering, Declan why didn't you accept my father's offer in joining the inner circle of the court?" Yuya then asked. "It is a great honor. Few even got invited. Father must really like you".

"No, he cares for you Yuya. There is a difference" Declan bit him off "Or are you here to tell me that you didn't have a finger in play?".

"Hu? I didn't ask him, I promise" Yuya replied and waved defensively with his hands in front of him "Someone else must have tipped him off, maybe my brother Yuto before he went missing,  or maybe he is truly impressed with your skills Declan...".

Declan hummed at that as he took it into account. To be honest he had a feeling Yuya was not the one tipping him off. It was truly a great honor since the demon king barely considered, but even so, Declan couldn't accept it. That was the seat his father was counting on, and if there was one thing Declan didn't want, it was being his dad's pawn. As for Yuto, the king's second oldest son, missing, it was well known throughout the kingdom. Some even says that there is handsome reward if you find him alive, but that was only rumors.

"Found you!" a new voice then suddenly shouted as a warrior jumped down in-between all of them. His blue eyes were glaring down Yuya now "This time you won't get away. Prepare yourself Yuya!".

"Ah Iggy give it a rest!" Yuya complained loudly "I don't wanna battle you today".

"Ha, like I give you a choice Yuya!" Iggy hissed as energy rose around him and made his purple locks sway in the created wind "You humiliated me for the last time Yuya. No one beats me in battle. No one!".

"It was a training match. It was pure luck I won last time" Yuya tried defending.

"Ha luck has nothing to do with it. You are the son of the dragon king and clearly have a huge advantage in training and power. I want that too. That power!" Iggy hissed "Now battle me so I can take everything from you!".

He was holding up his bare hands like he was ready to strike, but Yuya wouldn't let him. He took some steps backwards before running almost at the speed of light.

"Only if you catch me!" Yuya's voice echoed around them before he disappeared from sight. Declan and Sorano both sweat dropped as Iggy let out a pure enraged scream before he ran or tried running after him.

"Why does the envy clan always be this melodramatic?" Declan then questioned.

"Beats me. They have that thing with jealousy you know. It drives them to become better" Sorano said and shrugged "And Iggy clearly set his sight on the youngest prince. Should we give him a hand? Yuya owing us could be quite beneficial".

"He already owes me plenty. Besides how else can this kid get stronger if we bail him out all the time" Declan replied and snort "We are demons. Not pathetic angels...".

"Good point" Sorano said and shrugged "That and I have no intentions on getting the envy clan on my back like Yuya...". He would clearly have said something more had it not been for the weird sensation that ran through both of them, and a diabolic grin appeared on Sorano's face.

"Yes! A summoning. Someone is stupid enough to try a ritual. I was getting bored".

"Yes, and this one is mine!" Declan stared coldly "I am hungry...". Then he disappeared, leaving a cursing Sorano behind.

A,N: And the next chapter is done. I am on a roll here. Sure, was not as long and excited as the last I believe, but it has its importance. I am sure you have guessed the Demon king's identity by now. Besides the king there is 7 noble families. Each created from each of the deadly sins and it is part of their upbringing. Interesting right?! The hierarchy here is interesting if you ask me and I will elaborate on it later into the story. Hope you liked it so far. The next chapter I am sure you know what will happen lol.