Chapter 16

Mahigpit ang yakap ko kay Savannah habang magkatabi kaming nakahiga sa couch, ngayong alam kong sa akin na siya ngayon. Ganoon din siya sa akin, nakayakap nang mahaigpit habang nakapatong ang ulo niya sa dibdib ko.

"Ang bilis ng tibok ng puso mo," she said before chuckling.

"Sa 'yo lang gan'yan 'yan."

"Kay Grace?"

I chuckled. "We were young back then, Savannah. I admit that I loved her, but I never loved this way, Savvy. "I've never fallen in love while hallucinating."

Nag-angat siya ng tingin sa akin na para bang hindi naintindihan ang sinasabi ko. "What?"

I shrugged. "I always saw your face everywhere. It feels like hallucination. I missed you so bad."

She smiled. "I just can't risk myself on loving you back when I found out that you're not yet over with your ex."

I scoffed. "Not yet over," I mimicked her. "It's been years, Sav. I've really moved on. Kahit na makaharap ko kayong dalawa, ikaw at ikaw pa rin ang pipiliin ko."

She smiled. "Really?" I nodded. "What if the reason she left you was very deep . . . that the only solution for that was for the both of you to part ways?"

Napakunot ang noo ko at sa hindi malamang dahilan ay nakaramdam ako ng kaba. "What do you mean? Do you know her?"

Umiling siya. "Nope. I'm just wondering."

Tumango ako bago siya pinakatan ng halik sa labi. "Don't wonder about the past. It's you and me now, and we'll never part ways like that."

She smiled as she hugged me tighter. "I wanted to but dreams made me realize that the world is not only all about you and me—it's you and me and the people around us."

Umiling ako at hinila siya paibabaw sa akin. I gave her light kisses repeatedly while cupping her face.

"For me, it's only about you and me. Nothing matters the most."

***

Weeks and months went by, I introduced Savannah to my family. They were happy now that after years, I introduced a woman again to them. Akala rin nila, habang buhay na akong lugmok sa pag-iwan sa akin ni Grace, pero hindi. Hindi gano'n 'yon.

I probably won't move on forever if Savannah was the one who'll do that to me.

"Who are you texting?" I asked Savannah while we're walking towards the parking lot.

Tumingin siya sa akin at binigyan ako ng tipid na ngiti. "Your mom. She wants to eat dinner with me again and go shopping."

I rolled my eyes at what she told me. "Seriously, who are you in a relationship with?"

She laughed. "Ano ka ba, we saw each other everyday. Hindi naman kami araw-araw na nagkikita ng Mommy mo," she smiled as she walked in front of me and closed the distance by planting a soft kiss on my lips. "At ayaw mo ba no'n? Mahal din ako ng mga taong nagmamahal sa 'yo."

I sighed before claiming her lips. She kissed me back for a while before breaking the kiss.

"Where are you meeting her?"

She told me the place and then we entered my car. I drove her to the restaurant so that I'll see Mom too. Malapad ang ngiti ni Mama nang makita ako.

"Oh, hijo! You're here too! I wanted you to join us but I want the two of us to bond."

I kissed her cheek. "Okay lang, 'Ma. I have plates to finish."

Tumingin ako kay Savannah. She's smiling beautifully while watching me and mom. I crouched to plant a kiss on her lips, but before I could even stand up, she whispered something in my ears.