Chapter 28

When the month of August came, I always look for Savannah. Hindi pa man kami nagmi-midterm noon at hindi pa kami nagkakalinawan ni Grace tungkol sa mga naging problema sa aming dalawa, palagi ko nang pinupuntahan si Savannah kung nasaan siya.

I just wanted to relive the moments we had back when we were happy. I just wanted to relive the feelings I had when we were dancing under the first rainfall of the August month.

But it rained . . . and it rained. A storm came, numbers of low pressure areas were experienced for the whole month of August, and I never saw her dance under the first rainfall of August ever again. I never saw her get excited with the rain anymore.

For the whole month of August, I never saw her smile when it rained, not even once. I was always watching her from afar. I almost cut classes just so I could see her expressions for the rain she loved to anticipate. And I never saw that same excitement again.

Naging normal na araw na lang para sa kan'ya ang panahon ng tag-ulan.

Dalawang araw na lang, patapos na ang buwan ng August. Nauubusan na ako ng pag-asa na uulan pa. Nauubusan na ako ng pag-asa na makikita ko siyang ngumiti dahil sa ulan, kasi pakiramdam ko, wala nang iuulan ang buwan ng August. Naiulan na niya yata ang lahat kagabi at hindi ko man lang nakitang lumabas at naglaro sa ulan si Savannah.

"Hindi ba uulan?" iritang tanong ko kay Grace habang nasa library kami, sinasamahan ko siyang mag-review dahil tapos naman na ako sa plates ko.

She scoffed. "As much as I remember, Connor, you despised the rain because it's ruining your shoes, right?" She raised her right eyebrow at me while her lips are playing with her ballpen.

I chuckled. "There're just things that you'll learn to love in life. Those things that you used to dislike will eventually matter to you when you already met the person you want to be with."

She smiled at me before looking at her paper and continued scribbling on it.

"I think it's going to rain tomorrow," she says as she answers her activity.

"Paano mo naman nasabi?"

She faced me with small smile. "I just believe it will rain tomorrow. If you really learned to love something, you just have to believe that it will come to you on the day that you want it the most."

I smiled at her as I brushed her hair with my hands. She glared at me because of that. "Thanks, but can't it rain now?"

She chuckled. "Then believe that it will rain today. You won't lose anything if you believe in it." She shrugged and then completely shifted her attention to her paper works.

I just smiled as I watched her get more serious while she's writing. This is what I really missed about her. We may not end up with each other but at least, we can count on each other when things get tough. She'll never feel alone anymore.

As I watched Grace become more serious with her activities, I saw three girls entered the library. Kumabog ang dibdib ko nang magtama ang paningin namin ni Savannah. Wala pa rin siyang emos'yon sa tuwing nakikita ako. Hindi man lang nagugulat o naiilang. Hindi ko alam kung ano ang dapat kong maramdaman dahil doon.

Naupo sila ng iba pa niyang kasama sa dulong parte ng library at nagsimulang mag-aral.

"She's there, oh? Why don't you talk to her na? Ayusin n'yo na kaya," Grace said in her cute accent.

I smiled as I watched Savannah highlighting some things on her book while her friends are stealing glancing at me—and Grace. She never looked back at me again after being seated.

I sighed. "I just don't know how to properly approach her."

"Go now." She pushed me that made me look at her. "Do you think I need you here?" She chuckled. "Go on and talk to her na."