Finale

The talk I had with Savannah knocked some senses in me.

Since that day, I started looking at Grace on different perspective. I realized that she's right. She's still not fine and my words about Savannah hurt her more than I have ever realized. I shouldn't have told her things about Savannah. She may not want me back as her man, but she clearly stated that she still has this love for me.

"I saw Savannah at my department," Grace said as she puts her things on the couch. "She's talking to my professor. May pinag-uusapan sila na mukhang importante."

She sat on the couch and opened the TV. "Don't talk about her."

I heard her laughed. "Ang tagal na, Connor. Aren't you still moved on? Lapit na kami g-um-raduate."

I looked at her, only to see her winked at me. She's always teasing me about Savvy. I told her not to talk about her anymore. Bukod sa nakakaramdam ako ng lungkot, nag-aalala ako para sa kan'ya.

She laughed. "Connor, don't be plastic. I know that you only didn't want to talk about her is because you're worried about me."

Napabuntonghininga na lang ako bago bumangon sa pagkakahiga. "Hindi naman."

"Tss. So, what? Hindi ka pa nakaka-move on?"

The teasing in her face is so evident. Damn this girl. "Naka-move on na ako. Ang tagal na."

She laughed louder. "Don't tell bullshits on me. I studied Psychology, you know that." She smirked. "Really, bakit hindi mo pa balikan? Hindi pa ba tapos 'yung shrine na pinagawa mo para sa kan'ya?"

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa binanggit niyang 'yon. "Shrine?! Anong shrine?!"

Tumawa ulit siya nang malakas dahil sa nakuhang reaks'yon sa akin. "Gotcha!"

Napapailing na lang ako. The quirky Grace of my high school years came back as soon as she recovered from her illness years ago. I'm happy and proud of her, really. But she's really annoying when it comes to these things.

She's still cute, though. Swerte ng mamahalin niya, sa totoo lang.

"Wala akong pinapagawang shrine, 'no."

Her laugh slowly calms down. "Jin told me that he architected an art gallery and studio for you."

Napabuntonghininga na lang ako nang marinig ang pangalan ng chismosong 'yon. Nagkahiwa-hiwalay nga kami ng condo, pero nanatili namang chismoso ang tatlong 'yon. Lalo na si Jin. Kaya nabu-busted, eh. Magkakagusto na lang kasi, doon pa sa may boyfriend nang matagal.

Buti nga sa animal na 'yon.

"Hindi totoo 'yon," I said before rolling my eyes at her. "Alam mo namang chismoso ang tatlong 'yon."

She smirked before crossing her arms. "Forbes Park, Makati."

I heaved a deep sigh in disbelief when I realized that Jin really told her everything about a project I proposed to him.

"Okay. Hindi shrine 'yon, Grace."

She laughed. "I know! May joke ba sa mundo mo?"

Bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko nang marinig ang tanong na 'yon. I don't know why but it feels like Savannah just asked me the same question when we're together. Is this another déjà fucking vu episode of my life? I thought, it's all over. Ang tagal na noong huli. Last year pa yata.

"Anyway, Terrence brought me there with Aldrin. I saw Jin at the site and he's taking photos of the place. Ang ganda!" She showed me her two thumbs up. "Patapos na. Kailan mo ilalagay ang paintings?"