Chapter 9- Cough- I'm sick.

Nya stepped onto the front yard and sighed.

"But I don't want to go to school!!"

Kai poked his head out of the door and looked at Nya sternly.

"You have to."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"NO!"

"YES!"

"NOOO!"

"YEESSS!"

"NO-"

"What's going on in here?" chuckled Jay, leaning on the gate.
Nya's mouth clamped shut and her cheeks went red.

"My brat of a sister doesn't want to go to school." Kai snarled, slamming the door shut after him, and stomping down the street.

"Oh dear." chuckled Jay, as they followed Kai to the High school. "Someone's angry."

"Don't worry. He'll be alright by the time we arrive."
_________

"Hey buddy! Let's get going." Cole cheered, as he spotted  Skylor, Zane and Pixal, waiting by the fountain in the park.

"Morning Cole!" chirped Skylor, punching him on the arm.

"Owwwwwwwwww- do you mind if you don't punch me EVERY. SINGLE. MORNING?!?!?!" screamed Cole, hopping up and down in agony.

"Sorry. It's a habit." Skylor grinned, smugly.

"Good morning, Cole. How did you sleep?" asked Zane.

"Cool. Let's get going!"

"Hey, and are you FINALLY going to get a girlfriend today?" Skylor teased.

"WHAT THE HECK? NO!"

_________

"Bye, Julian!" called a small girl from the front of the school gates.

She was Vania. Princess Vania of the Ivory City of Shintaro. She was short for her age, but intelligent. And chatty. Very, very chatty.

She nervously ran her hand through her golden locks of hair, and tugged at her formal, turquoise robes. Everyone seemed to be wearing something very different to what she was wearing.

They were wearing... Blue, skimpy trousers, which looked very complicated, and odd, to her.

And.... Sleeveless robes, without a gap at the front. Some had pictures on it, of animals, or words. Or other designs. Odd.

Their shoes where multi coloured, unlike the traditional slippers she was wearing. They had string tied around the front, and wierd shapes underneath.

This city was... Wierd.

And the building... Well...

It was quite ugly compared to the turrets of the castle back at Shintaro. She turned back to her guard, Julian, waiting in the carriage, and waved. And taking a deep breath, stepped into the building.

_____

"We're going to be late!!"

Cole grabbed Zane, and ran to school, Pixal and Skylor following behind.

"Wait up!!"

Cole came to a stop outside the school gates, and put Zane down.

"I would appreciate it if next time you did not carry me. I have legs myself." Zane stated coldly, brushing off flecks of dust from his trousers.