Chapter 21

Harry's POV

I just ran. I ran away from him, I turned my face. After seeing what he could do to someone, ruin them. Destroy them. Rip them to pieces. He was okay with hurting someone. Doesn't he know what it's like to be hurt? To be lonely? When I walked away, I was hoping he'd go and get me. He didn't. And here I am. Sitting on a cold damaged floor, in a broken home. I've always lived in a broken home.
I'd feel pain. So much, so I used a lesson my grandfather told me. When I was ten, I stubbed my toe. He would tell me to bite my finger, so I'd mask the pain of my toe. That lesson stayed with me.
Around a year ago, I started to cut and burn myself. I covered my pain, in a facade of more pain. My mom caught me, and thought I had stopped. She checked my wrist and stomach everyday. Never my thighs. I stopped after meeting Louis at the flower field. He's truly my savior, but now, my worst fear. How can I love someone who causes pain, when I want to prevent it?
So I walk away. I walk away hoping someone will go looking for me. But I end up being alone again. But this time, I can't go back. If I face him, I'll fall for him. That is what I truly want to prevent.
I started breaking up the wood on the floor and got rocks from outside. I created a fire. I made sure to leave a piece of wood out. I'll need it.
I then pulled off my sweater, looking down at my scars, so many of them. I lit the wood on fire and placed it on my wrist, feeling the pain. The relief that I needed. I wanted to pull it away so badly, but I couldn't I only pushed down harder, feeling a test run down my cheek. I finally dropped the wood into the fire and collapsed on the floor. It was hard to breathe for some reason. I didn't have to keep quiet. I let the gasps and sobs come out. "Why!" Id yell. Why would someone hurt me like this, have this affect on me. Break me like a twig. Who would wish this upon themselves? My chest ached.
I needed to do this. I ran into the bathroom and smashed the mirror. Taking a piece of glass. As I placed it on my wrist I heard someone.
"Don't do it." I heard a male say. I looked up at him, he had black hair. He looked asian. "Leave me the fuck alone!" I spat. The boy kneeled down and took the glass out of my hand. "I don't know you. But your better than this." He told me.
"Why are you here?" I asked him, quite curious how he found me.
"Your in my home." He told me, looking down. "My room is upstairs. But don't worry, this is the bad bathroom." He said. "My parents passed in a fire, this was our old house. So I use pillows and put it on the bed in the master bedroom. Don't worry about Mali, my sister. There's a pillow on her old bed too!" He said smiling at his feet. He seemed, crazy.
"Are you okay?" I asked him. "Like, where's the rest of your family?" I asked him.
"Come with me! I'll show you." He told me.
I got up and followed him into the yard.
"Here." He said pointing to rocks with eyes on them. "That's my best friend, Luke. He left me. So did my other friends, but don't worry! The one with the grass for hair, that's michael. He's really fun to talk to. And the other one, that's ashton, he's very giggly! Don't worry they are friendly." He told me. "What's your name?" I asked the boy.
"I'm calum hood." He said. "Everyone left me, but these guys stay. So it's worth it. This is my family." He said.
I frowned. Seeing as he has no one, and I have friends, I have family. Calum lost everyone he ever had.
"Calum. Come with me, I think I know some people you would really like to meet." I told him.
"Can I take Luke Michael and Ashton?" He asked me. I nodded. "Just put them in a bag."
We walked out of the house and started to walk. It was around two o'clock, so we need to make it to the school before everyone gets out.
I called for a taxi after seeing one pass by and they drove us to my old high school.
Calum and I waited outside the school, once everyone got out, I saw Luke.
"LUKE!" I called out, and he heard me. He had separated from Michael and Ashton, who are still the best of friends.
"I-Is that Luke?" He asked pointing to the bag which had his "best friends". I nodded, seeing him tear up in joy. Once luke came up to us, he instantly recognized calum. "Calum?" He asked you can see the hope on his face. Calum nodded. "Luke! I missed you guys so much!" He said hugging him, both of them crying. At the same time they both looked at me and said "thank you."
Right as I was about to walk away I heard someone.
"Harry?" I turned around seeing louis. He looks broken. He had blood shot eyes with bags around them. His hair, was a mess, and he only wore black, and his clothes looked a bit baggy.
"HARRY!" He yelled and ran up to me. "Where were you! Don't you know how much we've missed you?" He asked me, with a calm and sweet tone.
"Just leave me alone." I told him, as I turned my back, feeling a tear roll down my cheek.
"Harry I love you and I've been broken without you!" He said grabbing my wrist, causing me to flinch.
He looked at me curiously, and pulled me aside, behind bushes.
"Roll up your sleeve." He told me. I shook my head. I don't want him to see the burn.
"Why not! Harry please I care." He told me. I know he doesn't, he wouldn't have let me leave if he cared.
"Stop. Please." I begged. It didn't work. He rolled up the sleeve to my black sweater and saw the burn. I pulled away, and rolled it down.
"I'm disgusting. And you don't care." I said trying to make an exit, but once again it didn't work. Louis picked me up and cradled me to his car.
Getting out wasn't an option. "Here put my jacket on." He told me, I disagreed at first but he insisted so i took it, thanking him after.
"Why do you care?" I asked louis. He smiled and looked at me before starting the car.
"Because I love you."

••••••••••••
SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!
••••••••••••
Yay! Harry is back!
••••••••••••
Vote/comment please!
••••••••••••
- Amber x