AFTERGLOW

Afterglow is the beauty of the sunset and I don't think I want you only on your best or to be with you at your best and beauty. I don't think I can survive if I'll be able to see you only at the end of the day.

Walking down the aisle is the most beautiful bride I have ever seen. And remembered the first time I saw you eating with Faye. The first time you watched me played basketball. The first call, the first time I fetch you and so many first time we shared. I can't help but smile and I tried my hardest to stop myself from crying.

Beside me is my best man, Rk. And beside Rk is our friends Prior, Nik, Aniel (Ariela's sibling) Arvio (Rk's sibling) and some of our basketball friends. Before the wedding Ariela reconnected with Faye to invite her as her maid of honor.

"You were my favorite story, my favorite song
You were the main event in my life all along
You are my greatest adventure, my greatest surprise
I should've known all along, when I looked in your eyes
You'd be my favorite story."
The wedding song. Ganito pala ang pakiramdam pag yung gusto mong sabihin ay naririnig mo sa kanta. Parang sasabog ang aking puso.

Ang nasa kanan ni Ariela ay si Nico. Nang makalapit na ang aking mag-ina sa akin ay ngumiti sa akin si Nico, ako naman ay lumuhod at humalik sa kanya. Marahan niyang inabot ang kamay ng mommy niya sa akin.

"Here. Take care of mommy." Sabi ni Nico.

"I will. We will." tugon ko.

And in that moment as I held the hand of my Ariela I also held for my future, dreams and my life. From then on it will be me, Ariela, Nico and our future children.

Ariela wants to have a simple wedding. I want it grand as well as my family. I want the world to know that I am marrying my Ariela, my binibini. But Ariela want simple.

"Hi, hi everyone" una niyang sinabi sa vow niya. "First of course I want to thank God for everything, sa napaka raming bagay na hindi ko inasahan na pagdadaanan ko pero kinaya ko at hindi ko lang pinagdaanan kasi by God's grace I conquered them all.
Now to the man of my life, to my other half, to my main event, thank you rin for not giving up. To the most unexpected plot twist that ever happened to me. I'm actually not good at this. Pero gusto ko lang sabihin sayo Dio Niccolo Arcevedo that I love you. I don't want to prolonged my vow I just want you and whatever you can give and just you and of course our Nico." Titig na titig lamang si Ariela sa akin at nauubusan ng mga salitang sasabihin. At tumingin siya sa aming anak.

Now is my turn.

"Like you I'm also nervous, not because of these people around us but because of you. Hindi parin ako makapaniwala na nagpapakasal tayo. This is more than a dream come true because I never dream of this. But when I saw you, that's when I start dreaming. Parang kahit saan ka mapunta ay napaka hirap mong maabot. And despite that fact I still tried to reach you and I succeeded. But just for a while. Kaya naman nung umalis ka, I tried to put my life together. Gusto ko kung magkikita man tayo muli ay karapat dapat na tayong magkita. And now I am marrying in front of God, my family, yours, and our son. You are mine. I love you Mrs. Arcevedo."

After the wedding ay nagkaroon ng reception at mga palaro. Our friends are there at pati ang ibang naging kaibigan ni Ariela nung college ay naroon. Ang iba niyang kaibigan ay tinutukso kay Rk na tumayong ama ni Nico.

Kasama ko si Nico sa aking opisina. Habang nagta-trabaho ako at siya naman ay naglalaro. Minsan naman ay nangungulit kaya pinagbibigyan ko.

"Big boy, let's fetch your mommy" yaya ko sa kanya. Hindi parin marunong mag drive si Ariela dahil ako ang naghahatid at sumusundo sa kanya. Minsan ay gusto niyang mag-aral ngunit mas gusto kong hinahatid sundo siya sa lahat ng pupuntahan niya.

Pagka-kaon namin kay Ariela ay may bibilhin daw siya sa mall kaya sumama kami ni Nico dahil si Ariela ang masusunod.

Nakaupo kami ni Nico rito sa upuan ng mall pag may nag iintay, nang may lumapit na lalaki kay Ariela! Kaya lumapit kami ni Nico. Ipinalibot ko ang aking kamay sa likod ng bewang ni Ariela at si Nico naman ay sa harapan ng mommy niya pumwesto.

"Niccolo! Ikaw pala" said by this old businessman na mukhang may gusto kay Ariela, he's familiar but I don't know him and I don't care. "How are you related to this beautiful lady?" he asked.

"She's my wife." I coldly reply.

I want to spend my day with you and with our son and future child. I want to wake up and sleep beside you. Afterglow may be the beauty at end of the day but Ariela you make my days beautiful. Stay with me, light me at my darkest days and be my afterglow.

I love you and thank you for everything, for taking care of me and for taking care of Nico.

I want you at the beginning at the middle and at the end of the day of everyday.

--Maraming salamat po sa pagbabasa ng kwento ni Ariela and Niccolo. See you all sa next story with Faye and Artheo. God bless us all. --