Chapter 16

"Sheer Mountain you have got to stop panicking." Nettle mewed, eating a mouse not far from the loner who paced in circles. "You're going to carve a path in the stone with all your pacing."

"I just can't calm down." Sheer Mountain replied. "Today is the day if I find out I even have a Clan to lead." She stopped for just a moment to look at the rouge who was incredibly calm. "Not to mention I am also learning the warrior code today."

"Owlpaw hasn't taught you anything about it?"

"Not really." Sheer Mountain continued her pacing. "She said she was going to but figured it would be better for me to learn with my future Clanmates. If they become my Clanmates at all, that is."

"I'm sure at least one or two will." Nettle finished off her mouse and rose to her paws, approaching Sheer Mountain and forcing her to stop pacing once again. "Plus, you already have Clanmates. You have me, your kits and now Cocoa. She's a little skittish but she'll get there with the rest of us. If we have to start small then we start small."

Sheer Mountain took a deep breath, trying her best to be soothed by Nettle's words. "Thank you, Nettle."

"Of course." Nettle purred. "I think we'll have a decently sized Clan by the end of the day. A whole new family."

Sheer Mountain enjoyed the thought, but no matter what happened Nettle was right about one thing. Sheer Mountain already had some cats behind her, and she was incredibly grateful to have Nettle at her side. Something about her keeps my mind clear. Sheer Mountain thought, watching the rouge affectionately.

"Our first cats are arriving!" Fennelpaw announced, the LichenClan apprentice had been keeping watch. Sheer Mountain's fears suddenly kicked up again and she found herself frozen. She felt Nettle's tail on her pelt and the sparks that followed unthawed her frozen paws.

"Come on," Nettle purred. "Let's go see." Nettle limped away, waving her tail and exciting Sheer Mountain's heart. Nettle's wound was completely healed according to Owlpaw, but she would always have a limp. However, it didn't slow Nettle down at all. She still hunted skillfully and she was quick with battle moves too. She'll make an incredible Clan cat.

Sheer Mountain followed Nettle and saw that the first cats to arrive were Spider and a ginger she-cat that Sheer Mountain hadn't met. This must be the friend he mentioned. "Good afternoon." Sheer Mountain greeted. "Is this your friend?"

"It is." Spider mewed and gazed affectionately at the she-cat.

"My name is Ginger." She dipped her head. "Spider told me you had a great offer, so I had to see for myself."

"Well I'm happy to welcome you." Sheer Mountain bowed her head. "Please, help yourself to some fresh-kill while we wait for the others."

"Don't mind if I do." Ginger strode in while Spider followed suit towards the fresh-kill pile where Berryheart was sitting. We went through so much work to make these cats feel welcomed. Sheer Mountain noted. I hope it works. The next cat to arrive was Mossie, the excitable kittypet. She was eager to talk to every cat, and was quickly befriended by Sheer Mountain's kits.

After Mossie was the longer Trout, followed by Briar, Hazel and River. Soon enough more and more cats started showing up. The loner Dew showed up as well, followed by a group of kittypets named Kip, Polly and Melon. The ill-tempered loner named Rick showed up as well as more rouges by the name of Yew, Ant and Flick. The last cat to show up was the loner Turnip. After some waiting, the Clan cats decided to start.

They all gathered in the center of Clan where the Clanless cats, Sheer Mountain was unsure where to sit, but she eventually decided on sitting closer to the Clan cats with Nettle, Cocoa and her kits at her side.