Chapter 25

Sheer Mountain stared at the territory ahead of her, casting a quick glance at the group of cats behind her. I'm glad they're with me. Sheer Mountain was also glad that Owlpaw and Earthpelt had decided to come as well. They were also joined by Seedclaw, Fennelpaw, Timberstar and two she-cats. One a pale ginger she-cat and a younger, bright ginger she-cat. I believe these are Roseheart and Emberpaw, LichenClan's medicine cats. On the side of MoonClan they had Shadowstar and his medicine cat, Oneflight as well as Berryheart and Leopardpaw.

The rest of the Clans had returned to their own territories and it was time for Sheer Mountain's Clan to claim theirs. "We won't go too far into the territory." Timberstar mewed as he lead them forward. They crossed the stream again and padded up back into LichenClan territory. "Did you see the marshland when you arrived here?"

"Briefly." Sheer Mountain replied, recalling some slightly mucky ground. "That's usually where we consider the end of our territory. Since this land has since been unclaimed, sometimes we go hunting in it, though I suppose that will have to stop now." Her purred. They're all so kind. It had been a rough start, but Sheer Mountain had been expecting more resistance. I guess the will of StarClan really is that strong.

"If that's alright with you, Sheer Mountain, we can make that our border. We will start making it more frequently."

"That sounds fine to me." The reached the marshland.

"Well go ahead." Timberstar dipped his head and stepped into LichenClan's side of the territory. "Mark your first border."

Sheer Mountain quickly marked the border, claiming her first bit of territory.

"Which one of you is the medicine cat?" Roseheart spoke up.

"Me." Cocoa stepped forward.

"We used to gather herbs here a lot, so I can tell you all the best spots to gather. If it would be alright with you, if we are running low could we ask to borrow some of your stores if you have some to spare?"

"Sure." Cocoa purred. "I'd like that."

"If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask." Roseheart dipped her head. "Oh wait! Do the two of you know how to get to the Spirit Garden?" Sheer Mountain shook her head.

"When do you plan on your receiving your nine lives?" Roseheart questioned.

"Probably tomorrow night."

"Meet me here at the border," Roseheart offered. "I will show you the way to the Spirit Garden."

"Thank you so much." Sheer Mountain felt incredibly grateful for the offer. She looked at Owlpaw. It looks like she wanted to show me, but SunClan territory is out of the way of ours. She could see just how sad the she-cat was, it was why she had fought so hard to come along.

"Well," Timberstar mewed. "I should be returning to my Clan. I look forward to living beside you and your Clanmates. When next we meet you will be a true leader in StarClan's eyes." The tom dipped his head.

"It's been an honor, Sheer Mountain." Seedclaw mewed. "I'm glad to have gotten to meet every single one of you."

"Thank you for your guidance." Sheer Mountain bowed her head. "You were a true asset to have in my home as well on the journey to our new home."

"Goodbye, Seedclaw." Earthpelt purred. "Goodbye, Fennelpaw."

"I'll miss you guys!" Fennelpaw called.

"Goodbye!" Owlpaw purred loudly and with Timberstar at the lead, the LichenClan vanished into the undergrowth.

"Now it's my turn to show you our border." Shadowstar spoke up and Sheer Mountain turned to him. "Follow me." They returned to the river and walked along the bank until the river split off and went up towards the mountains. "This is the end of MoonClan territory." Shadowstar explained. "We fish in this river quite a bit, I hope that won't be an issue."