Kabanata 27

Lawrence Jayci Schirmer's POV

MONTHS EARLIER

“ Aurora,you're insane!” she turned her head to me. I calm myself for a minute because I don’t want to hurt her feelings because of my anger.

“ Jay, It's okay. Just trust me.Okay?” she stood at the back and hugged me that way. I know her,if she want to convince me about something she will use her charm na bentang benta naman sa akin but on normal days she is like a tiger that will roar as soon as you piss her.

“ I trust you so much but it's hard for me to decide because I know you. There are a lot of things running on your mind and that was I'm afraid of” she sat beside me and held my hands.

“ I will take care of myself and beside you're with me,I know you will protect me,right?” she remarked softly and for a moment I looked deep into her eyes.

I still don’t know what we will going through but if it make you happy then I will support you.

“ Okay, just tell me what I need to do but when you're going overboard we will stop and we will think for another solution” she smiled widely and sit at the wooden chair infront of me.

“ You're brother will go home next month,right?. At that time, you will be my ear and eyes inside your house” I raise my hand because of what she said. This girl is ridiculous.

“ How can you send me there? I don’t want to step my foot on that dirty ground.Not anymore,Aurora” she come near me and beat me with her little fists. I immediately grab it to calm her down.

“ Pinag-isipin ko 'to ng maraming beses,Lawrence Jayci! I knew that you hate going there but that is the best way to know his plan. We waited for almost 3 years and now that he finally going home,it's our chance, so please. Bear with it”

I sighed and nodded slowly. I can't say no because she will surely beat me up. Beside, I want to know the truth coming from his own mouth.

I and Aurora already found out the half of it but we want to make sure that we are doing this reasonably. Maybe, this is the best chance to make it clear for myself and for those people that is seeking for truth.

The sun showering its rays over the place as I wait for my brother. I really don’t want to do this but because of her.I have no choice .

“ What's up,bro?” he hugged me but I just stood up and get his bag.

I don’t get anything for the last three months but these passed few days he's always on his phone,talking to someone.

“ What is this?” her eyes moved restlessly around the room until they rested to me.

“ Wala bang nakasunod sayo?” I shook my head and examine the little device that she gave to me.

“ It's a camera. Ilagay mo 'yan sa kwarto niya sa bandang hindi makikita”

Since the day my brother went home we barely go to see each other because she feels that someone's following her.

It's really hard for the both of us but this is the only way, for him not notice about our hidden agenda.

“Are you all ready? In front of their school at exactly 4 o'clock”

I immediately ran away from his door. I don’t know but I need to go there. I don’t attend the class today because of headache.

Hindi ko na sasabihin kay Aurora dahil wala namang kaso doon pero may nararamdaman kasi akong kakaiba.

I saw my brother in front of our school. I casually walk towards him but before I can go near. A black SUV stop and force him to enter but for me it's fake.

I ran towards it and enter without hesitation. I don’t know about his plan. All I know right now is something bad is going to happen.

Huminto kami sa abandonadong gusali. May mga taong nakapaligid sa amin at pareho kaming may tali sa kamay.

“ Lawrence. Do you trust me?” he asked while he's busy looking around the area.

“ Yes” I answered shortly but honestly,no. I can't trust you especially I still don’t know what's going on between you and Aurora.

“ Then, I hope that you will not say anything to anyone. Just give your full trust to me” I nodded and he suddenly command them to remove the rope on my hand.

I'm not surprise tho, Aurora is right,something is going on.

We sat in a wooden chair inside the building then they put a tape on my mouth then took a picture of me. I don’t know what is that for but I think this is a setup.

If I don’t entered the scene earlier, my brother will probably act as a victim then they will send it to Aurora as a blackmail but because I'm here rightnow,they used me.

I don’t know if it's good or bad but I hope she will not come here but that was impossible.

“ Who the hell are you at sino ang nag-utos sa inyo?” I really amaze whenever I see her like this but I'm so worried right now, he's saving the wrong guy. He's being good to the wrong saint.

“ Why are you stealing his money?” I questioned her while she's busy counting that guy's money.

“Stealing is a crime but borrowing money is a friendly gesture. Nagbabayad ka ba ng utang sa kaibigan mo? Hindi naman diba? Just think this that way” she finished savagely. I will really sue you up later, Aurora.

We went home after that. She throw a knife at me a while ago,I don’t know what she's thinking earlier but it's really hurt. The mind of this girl is really unpredictable.

“ Ah. Iha, pwede bang may lumipat sa tabi mo” I was trying not to be angry because of her attitude. She's really putting up her actress sleeve and she didn’t even bother to inform me that we will act as if we don’t know each other.

“ Ah. Hehehe. Sige po. Luhan ikaw nalang ang lumipat dito” my jaw dropped because of that. She winked at me and continue driving,the heck, what the hell is happening? I'm his boyfriend.Why did he choose Luhan?

We arrived at Kuya Kian's Condo. If she is acting, then why don’t I give it a shot for it to become fair because she's really getting to my nerves.

“ Aurora!” I called her but she immediately put her index finger to her lips. Why? Is something wrong?

“ Quiet,Luhan is on the window rightnow,he's watching our moves. Put up your act” she whispered. I understood what she's saying so I turned my face as if nothing happens.

“You're still a girl Aurora and this one is probably your weakness” before our lips touch I whispered the words I want to say to her.

“ I miss you”

“ I miss you too” she answered swiftly then pinned me down and put the knife on my arm. It touched me a bit but it didn’t wound me even a little. It's an act for my brother. To make him believe that we're completely unfamiliar with each other.

I woke up because of the vibration of my phone. Someone’s calling. I picked it up but turn it off when I saw that it's Aurora.

I'm on the same bedroom with my Brother because this Condo only have two rooms and my parents occupied the other one.

“ Hello” I called her again. I'm already outside. The morning was clear and the breeze is soft and cool,it's beautiful but I can mesmerize it because of her sudden shout.

“ What's happening? What took you so long to answer my call? You even turn it off at first” I hugged myself because of the cold brought by the morning air.

“ Calmdown, I just need to go somewhere far from the condo because Kuya might hear us, Don’t shout,your neighbor is still sleeping” I heard her loud sighed on the other line.

“ I was worried. Do you want to come here? I will treat your wound. I thought you're Luhan because your voice is sound the same so I threw the knife without thinking and looking that it was you, I'm so sorry”

I felt the guilt on her voice. I want to hug her right now and tell her that it's okay. It's hurt a lot but I endured it because she's really looked confused yesterday.

“ I love you. Don't worry. I'm okay. I will explain it all to you when we have spare time but for now use the remaining time to sleep, you need strength. Take care, see you later” I don’t know if I can last this setup until we finished the plan if I felt this way.

“ I love you too, Don’t turn off your phone. I'm still worried because you're with those monsters” I smiled and wait 'til she turns off the call.

I want to end this thing and go home with her. I miss her so damn much and I feel like my head is going to burst.