Chapter 16

The sunbeam on my face is the first thing to stir me from my slumber, but it is the smell of something warm and cinnamon being baked that gets me out of bed. I find a clean pair of Spencer's boxers and pull them on, laughing at the way they hang on my hips.

I walk through his bedroom door and am greeted with the sight of his bare back leaned against the counter. I sneak up behind him and wrap my arms around him from over the counter, Spencer jumps slightly at the contact.

"Morning, Doc. What are you making me?", I say.

"Cinnamon rolls from a can. As much as I want to cook for you, I don't want to give you food poisoning", he laughs. I walk around to the other side of the counter and hug him properly. His skin is hot and as I embrace him, I could feel the chill in my body melting away.

"I had fun last night", I say into his chest.

"Y/n, I'm not a religious man, but I think I saw God last night", he chuckles.

I smile up at him and press a kiss to his jaw, the closest part of his face I could reach without jumping.

"Breakfast won't be done for a while, so you have time to get in the shower if you'd like", he says.

I grab a piece of honeydew from the cutting board and bite it in half before offering the other half to Spencer, which he allows me to push into his mouth. Instead of releasing my fingers, he closes his lips around them and sucks gently.

"Spencer!", I gasp. He smiles around my fingers before releasing them. I wipe my spit-covered hand on his boxers and stick my tongue out at him.

"Want to join me?", I motion towards the bathroom. Spencer smiles but shakes his head.

"If I join you, then the whole apartment will burn down."

"Whatever you say, Doc." I skip off to the bathroom and push the door closed, but I don't click it, just in case he wants to join.

I shower quickly, not wanting to spend too much time away from the man in the kitchen. I use his soaps and I am pleasantly surprised to find he has a separate shampoo and body wash. When I finish, I take a towel from the rack and wrap myself, tucking it under my armpits.

I step out on the plush mat and wipe my feet so I don't slip before walking over to the sink. I open the cabinet, hoping to find cotton swabs that I can wipe my excess eye makeup off with. Instead, I found a small leather-covered notebook.

I flip it open and scan the pages. About two thirds of the book is filled with Spencer's messy handwriting, but there was one word that stood out to me. One that was repeated multiple times on every page. I push open the door and see Spencer lounged on the couch, a book in hand.

"Spencer?" He hums in response. "What's Di-Dilaudid?"