Chapter 33

The plane ride is relatively uneventful. Emily, JJ and Rossi are playing cards, Morgan is listening to music, Hotch is asleep and Spencer and I read The Notebook together.

"Y/n?", he asks quietly, breaking the silence in the jet.

"Spencer, I swear to fucking God, if you asks me to take my underwear off again I will slap you across the face", I whisper.

"You say that like I won't like it", He smirks. "But that's not what I was going to say."

"Then what is it?"

"When we get back, I need to stop off at the office. I left something there a while ago", he says. I found his vagueness odd, but I didn't question it, figuring he needed to get some files for a case.

"Okay, we can get dinner afterwards. I was thinking Chinese?", I ask. Spencer takes a moment to consider it.

"I'm not sure what I want yet. I'll decide when the time comes."

He opens his book again and we continue reading.

"I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who's ever lived: I've loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough", he reads aloud.

I can feel my eyelids grow heavy and my breathing slows. His soft voice lulls me to sleep, and before I let it come over me, I have one last thought.

I'm going to marry this man.