Chapter 30

The cars pull up to the small shack of a house and the agents immediately get out and make a run for the door. I am instructed to go around the back of the house and wait for the signal in case backup is needed.

I can hear Hotch announce our presence, but no one ever came to the door. Instead, the sound of a gunshot rings through the air and I instantly go running for the house.

I am able to climb up the back porch with ease and kick down the door. I am now standing in her kitchen-living room, her back to me. She is standing off with Morgan and Emily and Hotch have their guns aimed at her though the windows.

Figuring it's best to take her alive, I quietly walk up behind her. I nod to the three agents in front of me before kicking out the woman's knees. Her gun clatters to the floor and I scramble to pick it up. Morgan and Prentiss rush into the room and handcuff her. As I watch them detain the woman, I click the safety on and place the gun on the table.

Morgan escorts the woman to the police car that is now parked on the grass in front of the house. As she is pushed into the vehicle, she shouts about being sent to do God's work of cleansing the Earth of sinners.

Apparently the confession, along with the pile of bloody knives that match the stab wounds on the victims' bodies.

I hear a noise in the doorway and I whip around. I am pleasantly surprised to find Spencer standing behind me, multiple empty evidence bags in his hands.

"I figured the danger was gone", he smiles as he picks up a knife with his gloved hand.

I take the other glove from his pants pocket and put it on, chuckling at how big it is on my smaller hands. I help him bag the rest of the weapons and bring them out to the team.

Morgan claps me on the shoulder, a congratulatory smile on his face.

"Nice job today, rookie. I certainly wasn't taking down killers in my first month."

"I agree, you did well", Hotch added. "It's a good reassurance of my judgement." He gives me a rare smile and I can't help but return it.

"How about a round of drinks, on me, to celebrate?", Rossi says. Before I could answer, Spencer spoke up.

"Thank you, but Y/n and I have our own way to celebrate."

My eyes widen and I ponder pushing him off balance, but he saves himself.

"There's this museum in town that I read about on the plane, so Y/n are going to get dinner and look at the modern art exhibit", he explains. I take a sigh of relief, glad that Spencer didn't expose our sex life to our coworkers.

"Alright then everyone, go to the hotel and we will meet back in the lobby tomorrow morning for takeoff."

We each return to the cars we came in, and as I walk hand in hand with Spencer, I turn to him.

"Are we really going to the museum?", I ask.

"Definitely not. If I was going to take you to a museum, I wouldn't be for a modern art exhibit. No, I have other things planned", he said with a devious smirk.