Chapter 32

I wake up to Spencer gently shaking me, telling me that we need to get ready if we want to make it to the lobby in time.

I rub the sleep from my eyes and get dressed in the dark. I go into the bathroom to brush my teeth and as my eyes adjust to the light in the room, I can see Spencer leaning against the door frame, watching me in the mirror.

"What're you looking at?", I ask, voice muffled by my toothbrush.

"Just the most beautiful girl in the world", he says.

I smile and I spit a mouthful of toothpaste into the sink. I rinse out my mouth and wash the toothpaste from the corners. When I stand upright again, Spencer hugs me from behind and rests his chin on my shoulder.

"How does your knee feel today?", I ask him.

"It's not too bad, but then again, nothing hurts when I'm with you", he grins.

"You're so cheesy", I giggle. His fingers did into my sides and I squirm, trying to escape his touch. My squeals and his laughter fill the room, echoing through the mostly-empty room.

"Come on, we have to get downstairs", I pant after he finally relents.

I tell him to wait in the bathroom while I get his cane and our bags. I open the door and we walk out, finding the elevator to meet the rest of the team.

I am delighted to find Rossi standing at a table, a bag of fresh bagels sitting in front of him. I drop Spencer's hand and dig through the bag, picking out the last cinnamon-raisin bagel with cream cheese.

"Is there a poppyseed one left?", Spencer asks from my right. I find one and hand it to him, touching his to mine before I take a bite.

I thank Rossi for providing breakfast and eat it quickly, hungry from last night's activities.

Hotch walks into the lobby, his hair slightly messy and his usually crisp tie sloppy. I was about to ask if he was feeling well, but Prentiss beat me to it.

"Rough night, sir?", she teases. He ignores her comment, instead focusing on making coffee at the complimentary breakfast bar.

All of our questions are answered when a young woman in a similar state of dress as Hotch walks through the lobby, coming from the same way he did.

Everyone looks at each other and smirks as Morgan claps Hotch on the shoulder. He congratulates him on scoring, but Hotch only glares at him in response.

I look up at Spencer, a knowing smile on my lips. The team is so focused on Hotch's one-night-stand that they didn't notice the purpled bruise under Spencer's ear.

"Wheels up in thirty, everyone", Hotch says before walking outside, most likely to escape the teases from the team.