C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N

"I'm a sucker for you

Say the word and I'll go

Anywhere blindly

I'm a sucker for you, yeah

Any road you take, you know

That's you'll find me"
___
~ Sucker by Jonas Brothers

C H A P T E R  F O U R T E E N

To say that Johnny was happy about his little girl having a boyfriend was a lie.

But after hearing that it was Hawk, he calmed down a little saying that 'at least he isn't a whining little kid like the rest of the guys in your school' and that was an accomplishment in itself.

While he still wasn't that happy, he at least accepted him.

Right now the whole dojo and Maeve were at a scrapyard.

Johnny was standing on top of a bus while his students were standing in front of it looking up at him.

Maeve sat on top of the bus but a little away from her dad.

Johnny took a gulp of his beer and looked at his students. "You've trained hard. You've gotten stronger, tougher, faster. You've done your best. You're ready for this tournament, right?"

They all answered in unison. "Yes, sensei!"

"Wrong!" Her dad yelled and threw his can of beer at them which got beer all over them.

Maeve watched confused.

"Your best ain't shit! If you wanna win the All Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament, you gotta give me
better then your best. Which is why from now on, you're gonna get my worst. Do you understand?"

They all looked a little unsure but still answered. "Yes, sensei!"

"Are you losers?" Johnny asked them.

"No, sensei!" They answered again.

"Are you Nerds?"

"No, sensei!"

"Are you sure?"

"No, sensei!" They gave the same energy as the last few times wich had Maeve laughing.

Johnny took his head in his hands.

Johnny made them run over tires.

"Move those feet. Go! Go! Go!" He yelled at them to go faster.

"Let's go, squirt. Good job, buddy. Go!"

They all ran in a circle, which made Maeve anxious for one to fall down.

Suddenly her fears came true when Aisha tripped. "Whoa!"

As she fell Miguel fell right on top, which made Hawk fall on him and the guys after them on top of him.

"Oh my goodness!" Johnny said annoyed.