C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N

"We're leaving the ground

Will things ever

Be the same again?

It's the final countdown

The final countdown"
___
~ The Final Countdown by Europe

C H A P T E R  N I N E T E E N

So today was the day.

The big All Valley Tournament.

Maeve was really excited for the boys, they could finally show the world their talent.

And they were running late... it took longer then they thought to get all the gi's and stuff into the car and Maeve had to double check if everyone's was there.

When they finally made it, she saw Aisha, Hawk and Bert arguing, while Miguel angrily punched the air, still angry at the breakup.

They approached them. "We're gonna have to do it without them." Hawk ended his sentence, looking stressed out.

"Do what without us?" Johnny asked them.

They all turned to look at the blond duo.

"Sensei." Aisha said happily.

"We didn't think you were gonna show up." Hawk admitted, wrapping his arm around Maeve's waist.

"I may not always win, but I never back out of a fight." Johnny answered looking annoyed as his daughter kissed Hawk's cheek.

"All right. Let's sign up." Miguel said impatiently, still in a bad mood.

"Not yet." Johnny stopped him, looking around to make sure everyone was there.

"There's one more lesson I have to teach you."

They moved into the building, standing in a circle around Johnny.

"You've all learned to strike first, to be aggressive, not be losers. I taught you to strike hard, put every ounce of your power behind everything you do. But I haven't taught you the third rule of Cobra Kai. 'No Mercy' The older you get, the more you're gonna learn that life isn't fair. You wake up one morning feeling great, and then life throws a spinning heel kick to your balls, takes a big steaming shit in your mouth. You get an 'F' on a test, you get suspended. You fall in love with a girl, and some other dude comes and steals her away."

Miguel looked angrily down at the floor at his last words.

And without her noticing it, Hawk looked at the blond girl he fell in love with.

His insecurity's told him that this was exactly what was about to happen to him, so in his head he had two options.

Either make her love him more than some other guy, or back away to protect his own heart.

"Car gets set on fire. Just when you think things are going good, everything falls apart. That's how it goes. Life shows no mercy, so neither do we. We do whatever it takes to keep our heads above water. We do whatever it takes to keep moving forward. We do whatever it takes to win! Remember who you are. You're badass! You don't give a shit! You kick ass! You're Cobra Kai!" Johnny motivated them.