Chapter 31

*this is Melike's song uwu(I put the slowed version cuz I like it better but you all r welcome to search for the original version on YouTube- 'Outside' by Calvin Harris ft Ellie Goulding)*

The next day, after Osman and Bala's engagement, Osman had finally come to terms for an agreement with Balgay, with Goktug's help posing as Kongar. They had gotten Balgay's attention by 'kidnapping' Goktug-or Kongar-and the previous afternoon and used his life in exchange for speaking with Balgay peacefully. It was a bargain Balgay readily accepted, especially after his intimate moment with Kongar- or more accurately, Goktug posing as Kongar. Osman's big, elaborate plan was finally put into action when he and Balgay agreed that they would enforce a truce to fight against Geyhatu, starting with Alisar and his men. It was convenient for Osman, as at the same time he would be able to bring Dundar and his family back to the Kayi Tribe and place them in the very much appropriate captivity of Gunduz Bey before they were tried by Ertugrul Bey when he'd return. Dundar had married Aygul to Alisar successfully, and his family had made the Banner Bey's kiosk their home, along with Burcin Hatun, who was their eyes and ears in the Kayi Tribe. Osman managed to get word of this from the explanation given by his brother and Bamsi Bey after they stormed the mansion two days previously, and from the intel given to him by Sumeyye, who had been spying carefully on Burcin and her shenanigans without her knowledge. It was clear that Burcin was running in between the kiosk and the tribe to bring essential information to Dundar's family, and Osman knew that Burcin Hatun would most definitely need to be stopped, as well as his uncle.

Osman had thought out the plan carefully; he explained it to Balgay, Goktug, Cerkutay and their men when they met up in the early hours of the morning with his Alps in the forest to discuss. "As a Bannerlord, Alisar will have his own post, with his own group of support troops whilst he sends other soldiers to assist Dundar Bey," explained Osman. "I see. Cowards like Alisar would indeed stay alone at his base, until he is forced to leave," said Balgay. "He would want to attack in the end, though." "You'll take care of the first dispatch of Seljuk Soldiers, Balgay," said Osman. "I will attack him at his post before he can make a move." "He will be stationed somewhere he can observe well, Osman," Balgay remarked. "You must be careful for hidden backup troops." Osman smiled; "He will need his other troops somewhere else, Balgay," said Osman. "We will fight on three fronts."

The Mongols raised their eyebrows. "Where's the third one?" asked Cerkutay. "Bamsi Bey and I will be leading an attack on Alisar's kiosk with the help of Selcan Hatun," voiced Gunduz. "Our group will be made out of a few Alps as most of them will be supporting Osman, and Sheikh Edebali's dervishes. Bala Hatun will also assist in this fight along with Gonca Hatun, Sumeyye Hatun and Melike Hatun." Goktug's heart clenched at Melike's name; she was going to be putting her life at risk by fighting the battle. He wished that he could fight alongside her, just to know that she was alright...but he couldn't. He was going to be with Balgay, on a different front of the attack. My Allah, keep her safe, please, he prayed secretly as he continued to listen to Osman. Balgay smirked at Gunduz. "It's clear that you and Osman intend to leave Alisar no room for escape or loopholes," he observed. "Letting the snake that breathes poison is haram, Balgay," said Bamsi wisely. "As for Alisar's mansion, not only would attacking it prevent him from receiving any backup, but it is also his home; his reputation, his harem. It is of utmost importance to him, and a large weakness. We must hit that weakness where it hurts the most."

Balgay nodded at Bamsi before turning to Osman one last time. "It's time to have our weapons drenched in blood," he said. "You know where to find me when the mission is complete, Osman." He nodded to them all before turning to get on his horse and leave, but Goktug didn't follow him before whispering to Bamsi Bey, "Bamsi Bey, please make sure Melike makes it out safely." "I will, Son," said Bamsi Bey with a discreet smile, squeezing Goktug's arm. Goktug nodded and jumped on his horse, and the Mongols rode toward where they were going to set up their front in the battle.