Chapter 22

Zhan had his eyes shut but his mind was still wandering around. He shifted his body left and right, but no matter how many positions he tried, he couldn't sleep.

Sighing, he grabbed his phone from the night stand to check the time for the nth time.

"It's still 4:30? Ah! Why's time running soo slow today? "
He asked as he threw his phone aside.

He laid flat staring at the blank ceiling, a hundred thousand thoughts running wild in his mind.

He heaved a long sigh as he sat up and leaned against the headboard.

"Whatever it is... My heart still says that it isn't what it looked like... "
He said in a low voice.

"I don't want to think about it anymore. This trip.... It's important for our company. I'll have to get it done right. "

"And about Yibo... Hope this trip helps me catch his weakness. I'll let him off the hook this time as I want to relax my mind and not think much. Once this is done, I'll lay a new net of lies to trap him. "
Zhan thought.

By the time his train of thoughts came to an halt, it was 6 in the morning. Having nothing else to do, he decided to get ready.

"Let me get ready, he'll be here by 8. And I guess I'll have to skip jogging today cause I'll have to conserve my energy. "
Saying so, he got off the bed and headed towards the bathroom.

After showering for half n hour, he got out of the bathroom with a bathrobe securely wrapped around his body. He stood in front of the mirror and carefully examined his body.

"Does my skin look good? Ah... I'll have to carry some skin care products cause the weather there might not be that good. "
He convinced himself saying that he was taking extra care about his skin just because of the weather and nothing else. It isn't like he had to impress a certain someone.

He applied some lotions on his already perfect skin and then sprayed perfume all over his body. He smiled at himself and bit his lip seductively looking at the mirror. When he realized what he just did, he waved his hands wildly.

"Aish! What's wrong with me? Xiao Zhan, get a grip on yourself! "

He shook his head vigorously as he chided himself and walked over to his closet.

He had already decided what to wear. So, he quickly wore his clothes and ran towards the mirror once again.

"Ah! Perfect! "
He said as he smiled.

Perfect indeed

Perfect indeed.

He adjusted his hair with his hands and smiled again before walking towards his bed to grab his phone.

It was 7:45am. So, Yibo would be there in another 15 minutes or so.

Zhan's heartbeat accelerated for a strange reason and he suddenly started feeling nervous. It was as if a hundred butterflies were dancing in his stomach, tickling his sides.