Chapter 4

The party went on. People were busy interacting so as to earn a good connection and improve their business. They chattered, laughed and even cursed internally.

But, the main host didn't seem that interested in the party. He wasn't even interested to begin with. Wang Yibo sat near the bar counter sipping his mocktail while his eyes were fixed on Xiao Zhan and the fake beauty beside him.

Although the lady next to him kept blabbering some nonsense, he didn't give a damn to her. All he wanted was to see Xiao Zhan make a move on that lady.

Xiao Zhan on the other side was getting slightly irritated because of the lady's behavior. He wanted to chide her, but he can't lose his cool in a party like that.

He took a deep breath and decided to look at Yibo and to see to what stage he has progressed with the lady next to him.

He lifted his head and their eyes met again.
Something in them made them look away this time and pretend as if they didn't look at each other.

Zhan gave a fake cough and Yibo adjusted himself in the seat and pretended to adjust his jacket.

'Shit! Why did that asshole look at me again? ' Zhan wondered.

'Why's that jerk looking at me? ' Yibo thought.

Even though they wanted to look at the other person again, they refrained themselves from doing so. They looked everywhere.

"Zhan... It's soo hot... " The lady whined.

Zhan stayed silent and didn't bother replying to her nonsense.

"Why don't you remove your jacket? " The lady said and moved her hand to reach Zhan. But those where soon slapped away by Zhan.

"Ouch! " The lady winced.

"Don't you dare touch me with your filthy hands! " Zhan glared at her.

"W-what? " The lady stuttered.

"I don't know who sent you here. But let me advise you one thing. " Zhan said as he leaned forward a bit.

Yibo who saw this smirked internally and thought that Zhan was making a move on that lady. But, he also felt a bit uncomfortable and angry at the same time for an unknown reason.

"I'll pay you ten fold. Just fuck off. If I get to see your disgusting face again, think that you're done for. " Zhan whispered in the lady's ear. He then gave her an angelic smile which made her shiver.

She moved back in her seat and distanced herself from Zhan.
She quickly got up and disappeared from Zhan's sight.

Zhan took a deep breath and looked at Yibo's direction. He was expecting Yibo to be looking at him and so was he.

Zhan flashed him an innocent smile and shrugged his shoulders and slightly shook his head.

Yibo tightened his grip on the glass of mocktail he was holding. He was holding it soo tight that a bit more pressure would shatter the glass. Yibo sighed in frustration.

But, he successfully hid his emotion and flashed Zhan an understanding smile.

"Yibo..... " The lady next to him leaned closer and whispered in his ear.

Yibo pushed her away which made Zhan chuckle.

"Ouch... Don't be soo hard... " The lady said in a seductive voice.

"Hard? " Yibo smirked.

"Yes... " The lady bit her lower lip.

"Want to know how hard I'm? " Yibo smiled at her.