Chapter 21

Yibo's peaceful sleep was successfully disturbed by the continuous buzzing of his cell phone. Frustrated, he grabbed it from the night stand and answered without looking at the caller ID.

"What? " He roared.

"S-Sir, it's me! " A small voice came from the other end.

"Sorry, I don't know anyone named 'me'. So, get lost. " Yibo said, annoyed.

"Sir, it's me, Guo Cheng. "

That's when Yibo slowly opened his eyes and looked at the caller ID.

"What is it? "
Yibo asked.

"The thing that you have asked for... "

"Where's it? "
Yibo soon sat up on the bed.

"I have brought it there. Waiting for your next command. "
Guo Cheng said.

"Good. I'll get ready. Do you mind coming over so that you can drive? I'm still a bit sleepy. " Yibo said.

'And I also want to save my energy for tomorrow. '
He thought.

"Sir, please stop being soo polite. That scares me. "
Guo Cheng said.

"If you aren't here in another half an hour, then the doors of hell will open for you. "
Yibo smirked.

"S-Sir? "
Guo Cheng stuttered.

"You asked for it. "
With that said Yibo ended the call.

He stretched his arms and legs and then got off the bed and headed towards the bathroom to have a quick shower.

Getting ready, he walked out of the room and was greeted by Haikuan at the dining table.

"Come, little brother! Have breakfast with me. "

Yibo nodded and took his seat as Haikuan served him breakfast.

"You got ready a bit too early today. Is anything up? " Haikuan asked.

"Nothing. " Yibo answered.

"You sure? "

"Yes. " Yibo continued to eat without caring much about his brother's questioning gaze.

'Guess he has already dug the hole for the rat. '
Haikuan smirked as he continued to eat.

"So, at what time are you leaving tomorrow? "

God knows for what reason Yibo choked on his food as soon as Haikuan mentioned about the next day's trip.

"Here. " Haikuan soon passed him a glass of water as he patted his back to ease him.

Yibo emptied the glass and took in a deep breath and tried to calm his racing heart down.

"Ahem... " He cleared his throat and sat straight trying hard to gain back his impassive composure.

"I don't really know... Mm... I should ask Xiao Zhan what time is convenient for him. " Yibo shrugged impassively but sadly that impassiveness dropped down the table as Haikuan's lips parted for the next question.

"I never thought you'd care about others convenience. Well.... " Haikuan trailed off giving Yibo a knowing look.

Not knowing how to dodge this attack from Haikuan, Yibo wished the floor below would open it's mouth and swallow him.

He was about to search for an excuse to debunk his brother's statement when his phone rang.

'Thank god! Guo Cheng, you saved my ass! ' Yibo mentally thanked his assistant as he stood up.