Chapter 26

As the cold morning breeze sneaked into the cottage and tried to cuddle the naked body under the warm quilt, Yibo stirred in his sleep and tried to move a bit closer to his source of warmth.

He streched his hands to reach out to the man beside him, but his hand failed to reach him. It wandered all along the bed, but still couldn't find him.

Yibo slowly opened his eyes and looked beside him but the bed was empty. He slowly stretched his body which was feeling light and energetic. His heart fluttered when he saw his clothes that were abandoned on the ground and his face flushed pink while his ear tips were beet red.

He slowly sat up and scratched the back of his neck with a warm smile on his face. He took a deep breath to calm his racing heart as he got off the bed and wore his clothes.

"Zhan... "
He said softly with an affectionate smile.
"Did you go to jog even today? "
He gave a low chuckle as he headed out of his room.

He walked to the kitchen and boiled water to make some coffee.
"The weather's quite cold outside. Let me warm you up with this. "
He smiled as he prepared two cups of sweet latte.
"All the past misunderstandings, pain, guilt, everything... Let's clear it all and start anew. I... I love you... I really do. " He whispered the last two sentences.

He then leaned against the kitchen slab, his mind wandering around the previous night's incident.

"Never did I ever know that curing a hangover would be this easy. Zhan, now that you have thought me this, you better stay by my side whenever I drink in the future. "
He smiled shaking his head.

He then fished out his phone which was tucked in his trouser pocket to check the time.

"It's almost 8:30. He usually returns at 8. Why isn't he back yet? " His brows knitted.

For an unknown reason Yibo suddenly started feeling uncomfortable and an ominous feeling started enveloping his heart.

"What's this feeling? Why do I feel like something isn't right? "
His hands curled into a fist and his heart drummed against his chest.
"I'll call him and ask him to come back immediately. "

Yibo dialled Zhan's number but.....

'The number you are trying to reach is currently switched off. You can try again later. You'll now be directed to the voic------'

"What the hell? " An unknown fear started engulfing Yibo.

"Zhan! Zhan, where are you? "
He yelled as he ran around the house, looking at every hook and corner. After confirming that Zhan was nowhere in the house, without wasting a second he dashed out into the tiny streets yelling Zhan's name at the top of his lungs.

"Zhan! Stop playing around! "

"Zhan... Where are you? "
He ran around like a manic, his eyes wandering throughout the entire village, searching for that one person who owns his heart.

Not finding a single trace of him even after an hour of running around, Yibo felt completely lost, scared and heartbroken. He crouched on the muddy ground at the center of the deserted road, with a hand supporting his head and the other holding the ground to support his weak body.

"Zhan... Where did you go...? "
He whispered softly, his voice barely audible.

"Did you perhaps regret what we did last night and.... "
It felt as if a knife was piercing his heart as a tiny bead of shiny liquid that originated from his shining eyes, travelled through his cheek and finally touched the ground below.