The New Kids

My homeroom was right by my locker. Braydon was in the East building, and I was in the West. We hug each other goodbye, and wish eachother luck.
My schedule says I have to go to Mrs. Ember's room. I find the room number, and I take a breath, and walk into the room. Immediatley, everyone is watching me. Mrs. Ember looks up at me, and smiles. "You must be August Oakley." She shakes my hand. "That's me."
"Class, this is August Oakley. She's new here so I expect you all to be welcoming. Tell us about yourself, August."
"Okay. My name is August Grace Oakley.. My dad is Tyler Oakley, yes the famous YouTuber. Recently, my dad Troye Sivan, passed away from stage four brain cancer. I have four siblings. Braydon, McKenzie, Paxton, and Addalen. I have my own YouTube channel, and I have almost a million people watching my videos each week."
I looked at the faces of my classmates. There was an empty desk near a girl with a "All Time Low" shirt on, and I sat next to her.
"Hey, I like your shirt." She looks down, and smiles. "I like yours too. My name is Caitlyn." I smile, "I'm August." "I know who you are..I watch your videos."
"Really? I'm suprised. Most people don't because my dads are gay." "I'm gay, August. I could give a fuck less if they were gay as well."
Caitlyn was my only friend, so far. "What's your schedule?" She asks. "Um..I have Gym, Algebra 2, Bio, World Geography, Lunch, Show Choir, Art, and then English 10." She looks at me, and stares. "You're seriously taking Show Choir? That's the most elite choir team in Michigan." "Tyler got them to let me in, by sending one of my YouTube videos, I do a lot of song covers." "Anyway, we have Gym, Alg2, Bio, and English together. World Geo is right next to my class, wait outside the doors and I'll show you how to get to the cafeteria, and you can meet my friends."
The bell rings, and we're off to Gym. When we get in the gym, a few guys are whistling at me. I notice Braydon rolling his eyes, and saying shut up. He seems to have made friends already. The teacher hands me a set of P.E. clothes, and I go to the locker room to change.
Caitlyn shows me how to open my locker, and then we leave the locker room. My shorts are a size too big, and I tie the extra part at the waist up with a ponytail. I slick my hair into a high ponytail, and grab a basketball.
I'm picked last for basketball, which I expected. No one knows I was the varsity captain, as a freshman. I decide to show off my skills by offering to take the ball down the court.
By accident, I call out a play. Everyone just looks at me. "Fourty One!" I realize they don't know Fourty One. I dribble up and shoot a left-handed reverse layup.
My team mates high five me. My school had the best defense on the West Coast. I easily take the ball from a tiny boy, and hurry down the court. I manage to sink a three.
Thanks to my excellent basketball skills, we win the game 64-2. The teacher tells us to go shower, but she yells for me to come over. "You have some good skills, Oakley. How would you like to play basketball for the Lady Vikings?" "Yes! I was a Captain my freshman year, in California. Would I be on Varsity, or JV?" "You're gonna be on Varsity."
After discovering how to find the slope in Algebra 2,learning how to dissect a frog in Bio, and discussing the spread of Ebola in World Geography, its finally lunch time. I do as I promised, and meet Caitlyn. She leads me to the cafeteria. It's filled with different restraunts. There is a Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Subway, and many places I've never been to.
We decide on Subway, and I get a six-inch chicken bacon ranch on Italian Herbs and Cheese. Caitlyn gets a six inch Black Forest Ham with American Cheese and extra mayo. We sit at a table, which is painted black. "This is Phylisa..I mean Phy(Fee, that's Ashlee, and this is Maddie."
Phy is dressed in a Pierce The Veil shirt, black skinnies, and she's wearing Tie Dye Vans. Her hair is long, and Jet black. It has a streak of white, and it looks hella good. Ashlee has blonde-to-purple hair, and she's wearing a Bring Me The Horizon shirt, gray skinnies, and black vans. Maddie is wearing a My Chemical Romance shirt with black sweats, and a pair of black high tops.
They all watch my YouTube videos, and They ask me questions. "So you like have all their skypes and stuff?!" "Yeah, actually, who are your favorite YouTubers? I can ask if I can give them to you, but you couldn't give them out to anyone." Maddie lights up, "Kian Lawley" Phy giggles "Connor.. no no um Trevor.. JC. I like them all too much." I'll ask them all. "Mine is probably Ricky," Ash says,
"Do you guys want to come over after school and skype these guys with me?" They all say yes, and the bell rings.