「 Chapter Thirteen 」

The sun finally set, making your path darker. The wind whistled and you enjoyed the silence. The feeling was like all the terrible things that happened just disappeared. Y/n walked and walked, stopping just to take a look at the wonderful views. It was until tomorrow morning that you reached the peak of the mountain.

A tiny cabin, enough to fit 5-6 people stood out, snow on top of the roof. It looks like it has been abandoned for days, if not weeks. Holes were dug, and inside the holes were corpses. Bodies of a women and 4 children. "This must be where the boy used to live before fleeing from an attacking demon," You muttered, scenting the fear that was weeks old.

This boy's scent....it smelled the same as the boy from the mountain, with his demon sister. Ah-so everything seemed to make sense now. The boy escaped, or rather didn't come home early enough, survived the demon attack and found his family dead. Luckily, his sister was alive but turned into a demon by demon blood leaking into her system.

"So that's what happened. Giyuu sent him to his mentor, if I remembered correctly." You said all your answers out loud, with no one to listen and respond. "It's a good thing I know where his cabin is."

You started walking again, walking the same path you took to get  up here. It was easier than trudging up the mountain, a invisible force seemed to push you down, slowly so you wouldn't fall onto the snow covered ground.

Reaching Sakonji Urokodaki's little cabin in less than a day, you decided to take this moment to sit there and relax, letting all the pain and sadness roll out of your body. You liked to do this whenever you were stressed. It was a good technique, making you feel lighter by taking all the guilt that was weighing you down.

A deer with it's baby passed by, sparing you a glance before running away, with the baby slowly trailing after. The baby deer was hurt, considering how it was limping and trying to catch up with his mother.

"I better get going, I want to reach Sakonji's cabin before nightfall." You stood up, brushing off the snow that stuck to your Haori.

And you did reach the cabin before night fell and the sky totally darkened. The boy's scent was here and it was fresh. Spotting Sakonji Urokodaki, you decided to hide in a tree with many leaves to block Sakonji from seeing you. Then a boy, the same boy Giyuu fought with, came out right after him. You expected his demon sister to come out after him, but there was no one. Where was his sister? Did she die? Wondering, you made the leaves from your right side rustle, making Sakonji and the boy look up at the tree you were hiding in. You darted from their sight, holding in your breath.

"Mmmph! Mmmh!" A muffled sound came from below, making Sakonji Urokodaki and the boy turn around. You took a little peek and there she was; standing in the starry night was Nezuko, the boy's younger sister. When the word sister popped into your mind, you suddenly felt a tiny bit of nostalgia.

Shaking it off, you told yourself to focus on the mission. The boy was laughing, his sister just looked at him then at Sakonji. Sakonji was laughing with the boy, smiling too. Oh how you wish that was you. "Good job on your training Tanjiro. Keep it up and you'll pass the Demon Slayer Exam with flying colors." Sakonji patted Tanjiro's back with a strong force which made Tanjiro almost trip and land on his face. That wouldn't have been pretty to see.

"Thank you Sensei!" Tanjiro thanked his mentor, grinning happily. This was the most carefree moment you could ever have so you enjoyed it as much as you could, smiling along with the two.

No wonder Giyuu loved Sakonji like his own kin. Y/n mwould've felt the same if she was in his face. His kind smile that brightens up everyone's day. His kind but strict mature, just like how a father would act to his child. And most importantly, how he grieves the lost of his apprentices like how a father grieves a death of a important family member.