\ Chapter Nineteen // Sabito Ending

It was a week since you came back from the important mission Kagaya Ubuyashiki assigned to you. Your mind has been filled with the thoughts of the young boy and his demon sister. Would it have been different if she didn't take on the mission?

"Y/N!" Sabito's voice cleared all the thoughts that driver you out of reality.

You hummed in response, flashing a smile at him. "Are you alright? Why are you so quiet?"

"What do you mean quiet?" You puffed out your cheeks. "This is my normal self, daydreaming off into space."

He tried to suppress a laugh but was unsuccessful in doing so. Sabito laughing wasn't something new to you, but somehow it took you by surprise. Your cheeks flushed bright red. "I-Pfft-I'm sorry," He had to stop his sentence just to catch his breath, "but your expression was just too adorable!"

"Huh? It was not!" You huffed.

"Sure it wasn't," Sabito agreed sarcastically.

"Hey Y/N," Sabito' stone suddenly became serious.

"Yeah?"

"Do you love anyone?"

"Like family love?"

"No. Like how Mitsuri and Obanai do."

For you, the question was hard to answer. You loved someone, yes. Who? Of course it was the young man standing right before you asking the question. You thought about this carefully. If you said yes, he was going to ask who. But there was a 50% chance that he liked you back so you couldn't say no either.

"I can't answer that now. But I will give it some thought and give you my answer tomorrow." You decided.

. . .

Tomorrow arrived pretty quickly. Too quickly. Last night, you stayed up really late just thinking about the answer you were going to give. And after some time of hard thinking, you decided to go with one. You were going to confess that you loved him for quite a while now. It was a huge risk, but it was a risk you were willing to take.

And it was a good thing Sabito came to find you because you might have backed out at the last second. "I would like to know the answer now, please.."

You nodded. Fear of rejection clouded your mind as you hesitantly answered, "Yes I do love someone. And that person is you."

Silence made you uncomfortable and scared for the reaction he would give. When you looked up to see, you were greeted with a tight embrace. "What?-" you gasped.

"Thank god!" Sabito sighed as if letting go of all the fear he held inside of him. "I love you too Y/N."

"You do?"

He just nodded and that was all the answer you needed from him. You hugged him back as happiness washed over you like a ride from the vast ocean.