1.01: coming home

"Way to go, genius!" Aurora groaned.

"Shit, I must've gotten the equations wrong." Five mumbled.

"Duh, you dipshit!" Aurora shook her head to snap herself out of it. "Can we go inside or something, before I murder you in front of your siblings?" The boy before her nodded, leading the girl inside and ignoring the group of adults standing in the middle of the yard.

-Inside the kitchen-

"Five," Aurora hissed quietly in her chair, knives floating around her. "You're on a time limit, pick up the pace, or I'll seriously murder you."

The boy sighed and turned towards his siblings briefly, then darting towards the bread. "What's the date? The exact date."

"The 24th," A woman replied.

"Of what?" Aurora asked.

"March."

"Good," Five muttered. Aurora stood up and walked toward the boy. She lightly tapped him on the shoulder, gesturing to herself and his siblings. "Oh, right. This is Aurora, she's glaring at me and levitating knives because she looks like a child."

"Hello," A curly-haired man sitting on the table said, sticking a hand in front of Aurora. "I'm Klaus."

The girl hesitantly shook his hand. "Hi."

"I'm Allison," The other woman raised her hand and waved. "This is Vanya, Diego, and Luther." She continued, pointing at each family member.

"So," Luther started. "Are we gonna talk about what just happened?" The man got no reply, so he stood and stepped towards Five. "It's been 17 years."

"It's been a lot longer than that," Five scoffed, jumping onto a stool and grabbing a bag of marshmallows.

"I haven't missed that."

"Where'd you go?" Diego asked.

The boy teleported back to the table. "The future."

"It's absolute shit, by the way," Aurora spoke up.

Klaus raised his hand. "Called it."

"I should've listened to the old man," Five said, taking the peanut butter out of the fridge. "You know, jumping through space is one thing, jumping through time is a toss of the dice." As he closed the refrigerator door, a knife flew straight at him. The boy ducked just in time, glaring at the girl.

"Knives down," He said sternly. "Now." Sighing heavily, the girl let the knives drop onto the counter. She crossed her arms against her chest and rolled her eyes. The pair turned back to the Hargreeves family.

"Nice dress," Aurora casually said to Klaus. The man smiled and replied, "Oh, well, danke!"

Vanya spoke up. "Wait, how did you get back?"

"In the end, I had to project my consciousness forward into a suspended quantum state version of myself that exists across every possible instance of time," Five replied.

"That makes no sense," Diego mumbled.

"Well, it would if you were smarter." The man lunged forward to attack his brother, but Luther held him back. Aurora smacked Five in the back of his head for the man. He nodded at her as if to thank her, to which she nodded back. "Ow."

"Basically, we had to create a vortex to get to 2019. Make sense now?" The curly-haired girl summarized. Everyone nodded, so the conversation continued.

"How long were you two there?" Luther asked.

"Em and I were only there for 40 years, while Five was there for 45," Aurora answered.